King Jack

BusManRG

On our pilgrimage to Camping World today we stopped by our dealer to take a few measurements and dream a bit. One thing I was looking for was the location of the antenna crank as I wanted to take advantage of the sale price of the King Jack. Walking from unit to unit I see the crank is above the bed. On the last unit I look up and low and behold....a King Jack! According to the dealer, that unit had just arrived and they are not notified of any changes the manufacturer may implement so he wouldn't even guess as to whether or not this is a new standard feature. Is there anyone out there that has recently taken delivery of a unit and did you also have a King Jack in place of the bat wing antenna? It makes sense to me that Heartland would make that switch, but I've learned not to take things for granted. And did you notice any other little changes?? This waiting is killing me, and now even longer with their summer shut down!

Thanks,
Sandy

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
On our pilgrimage to Camping World today we stopped by our dealer to take a few measurements and dream a bit. One thing I was looking for was the location of the antenna crank as I wanted to take advantage of the sale price of the King Jack. Walking from unit to unit I see the crank is above the bed. On the last unit I look up and low and behold....a King Jack! According to the dealer, that unit had just arrived and they are not notified of any changes the manufacturer may implement so he wouldn't even guess as to whether or not this is a new standard feature. Is there anyone out there that has recently taken delivery of a unit and did you also have a King Jack in place of the bat wing antenna? It makes sense to me that Heartland would make that switch, but I've learned not to take things for granted. And did you notice any other little changes?? This waiting is killing me, and now even longer with their summer shut down!

We can only hope . . .

But I doubt that Heartland will put them on as standard equipment, although it could be possible that they might offer it as an optional accessory.

I bought just the King/Jack antenna replacement head that fits on the batwing post for our previous Heartland Trail Runner, and kept if and now it is on our Prowler!

Takes less than two minutes to swap them out and the King/Jack is so much better than the batwing!

ProwlerBlueMesa-P1000712.jpg

JackTVup-IMG_3936.jpg

JackTVdown-IMG_3934.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
JohnD, did you get the signal finder thing too?

I bought one of these at CW:

TVsignalFinder.jpg

It works great for finding the stations.

The King/Jack pulls in way more stations here in our side yard than the batwing ever could.