King pin to gooseneck

OK, I bit....ordered, I liked the torsion axle engineering that suppose to take the herky jerky out of the pull...we'll see. So much for Peggy's new sewing machine.

I have shipping info...162 lbs of freight. I think my king pin box couldn't have been more than 60 or 70 lbs when I pulled it off. Must be beefy.

jbeletti

I have shipping info...162 lbs of freight. I think my king pin box couldn't have been more than 60 or 70 lbs when I pulled it off. Must be beefy.

These are beefy items. I stopped into the shop in Nappanee earlier this year to meet the owners and look the product over. Looks like cool stuff.

Fastway Freight made arrangements to deliver on this thing on Monday. Hope to have it on and a picture or two next week.

Niles

I'm impressed, it will be interesting how well it works. Definitely a beefed up hitch. Let us know what you think, when it warms up. Just wondering if that hitch voids the warranty though.

I'm impressed, it will be interesting how well it works. Definitely a beefed up hitch. Let us know what you think, when it warms up. Just wondering if that hitch voids the warranty though.

Probably does when it comes right down to it. But they have a quote at GenY I've got 99 problems, but my hitch ain't one. I've really tried to investigate this one. It seems to me with the torsion axle like suspension link at the bottom of the hitch...severe shock stress is greatly reduced. The other mods I looked at were a bolt on affair that literally attached directly to the kingpin in the form of a machined clamp. This created a leverage that would most likely stress the king pin box in a way the engineering did not compensate for. This one is bolted in place just like the original box. I think it just might work without tearing the nose off. If you see me running down the highway with just a bedroom blowing in the breeze back there, don't bother stopping cause I'm liable to be grumpy... :) I'll update when I head out. Maybe I can get Peggy to sit in the back and video the suspension travel....

Last edited:

jb83

I just got my Gen-Y gooseneck pin box yesterday, but haven't installed yet. It is very well built. I wanted the Reese Goosebox, but didn't want to deal with the airbag all the time. Plus, the customer service at Gen-Y seems top notch so far. It's nice getting someone on the phone within a couple of rings and no automated menu!

As of when I ordered, they are still working with Lippert to get it approved as the Goosebox is already. They seem to think it is just a matter of :when" and not "if" they get approved. So hopefully they will be approved soon. Their stuff is engineered very well and should put no more stresses on the frame that the Reese Goosebox does since they are a very similar design.