King pin tripod

Westwind

We have a washer/dryer in the front closet of our Bighorn, we have run it with and without the tripod - yes it did make a difference when I had it set up. I also do not extend the front legs. Both seem to help we still get viberation but not something we can't live with. We spend 4 months as Florida Snowbirds. That W/D goes everyday we are not on the road.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
They do work pretty good, but it's one more thing to drag around.
I suggest something like the JT Strongarms.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

avvidclif

With our previous rig I couldn't tell a bit of difference. Used it abt twice and forgot it. I can't even give it away. Now I have 6 point leveling and don't need it.

TxCowboy

With our previous rig I couldn't tell a bit of difference. Used it abt twice and forgot it. I can't even give it away. Now I have 6 point leveling and don't need it.

^ Agreed. If you have a leveling system, you won't need the tripod.

Garypowell

Many certainly like the JT system but I have had a king pin jack for years. Did not think it worked until I decided to jog the front end down after I had it as tightened it as much as I could by hand. Really made a difference and still does. Especially with our rig wephere the w/d are in the front.

There red is a lot to be said about what is under you too. Concrete pad everything is better.....something softer....not so good.

I have now permanently attached 4 scissor jacks and all together it works fairly good and with a drill they don't take too long to deploy.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Has anyone ever used a product called steadyfast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've had Steadyfast on our rig since our first year of ownership. They are great! Very easy to use. Just make sure they are loosened before retracting jacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim-Lynn

We had one in our old 5th wheel, Strong Arm, and really helped. NOW with the 6 point leveling - we do not need it - sold it.

Jim

carl.swoyer

I use mine for my solar panel. Or if not using solar it is supporting my flag pole.
baac19e4da1bc42dc513c39b6e1ac2c0.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

huntur

We have the washer dryer combo in the front closet.
The king pin stabilizer removes most of the shake from the washer spin cycle !

AAdams

This topic of tripods has come up before, and not to detract from it, but trying to add something. To those that have used the tripods and were either in favor or against them, I am wondering if you had upgraded the pin box on the trailer. We had a tripod on our old Landmark with the W/D in the nose. We had a MorRyde pin box and the tripod helped a lot when the W/D was running. We also had to tighten the tripod as much by hand then add just a hair more weight by retracting the front landing gear VERY slightly.

The reason behind wondering about the pin box is, if the trailer gets a smoother ride because of a air bag when pulling. Wouldn't that mean that the tripod wouldn't have quite the same effectiveness because the same reason, the airbag or shock keeps it separated?

Garypowell

AAdams. I think your reasoning is sound but it would take a mechanical engineer some time to figure out the difference.