Kitchen sink mounting

NYSUPstater

What's the best way to "add" more hardware to the smaller of the 2 kitchen sinks in our 2560SS? Seems that whatever HL used isn't holding the sink tight to under the counter and caulking isn't keeping a tight seal either.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
My kitchen sink fell after a bonehead move by me. I took it out, cleaned all the old caulk and replaced the sink while using silicon caulk. I don't like using silicon but it's what is needed to hold the sink. I also added extra clips from the bottom. I braced it in place while the silicon set.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I bought those clips somewhere in Texas, don't remember exactly where.
You should be able to get some at Home Depot, Lowes or possibly a plumbing store.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
For the undermount sink, you could order them from Heartland for about a buck apiece and pay $11 shipping. But a plumbing shop should have them. They’re basically a metal tab with a hole in it that gets screwed to the wood framing on the underside of the sink mount hole.
Once the sink is mounted, use a silicone caulk around the inside perimeter where the sink and countertop meet to keep water from getting under the countertop and reaching the wood frame.
Had experience years ago with the double bowl stainless steel sink in our BH coming loose due to a scarcity of clips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigFry

I had the same problem. Everything found in hardware stores for sinks do not fit but I did get some small mending angles and just bent them much like the ones used when built. The silver ones are mine and the black ones were installed at build. The wood they are attached to is very soft. To my surprise they have held up so far.

You could also consider some clamps that you can purchase online. They have to be glued to the sink frame but could be worth a try. I purchased some in case the clips did not hold.

Attachments

• IMG_2563 (2).jpeg
    IMG_2563 (2).jpeg
    678.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2564.jpeg
    IMG_2564.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16

NYSUPstater

I had the same problem. Everything found in hardware stores for sinks do not fit but I did get some small mending angles and just bent them much like the ones used when built. The silver ones are mine and the black ones were installed at build. The wood they are attached to is very soft. To my surprise they have held up so far.

You could also consider some clamps that you can purchase online. They have to be glued to the sink frame but could be worth a try. I purchased some in case the clips did not hold.

What kind of glue did you use and where did you get it? I ordered the clamps you mentioned and they came today. Now just to glue them as you said. I have a couple days before we head back out with it. Thanks.

NYSUPstater

Will be going to Home Depot tmrw (Wed) so what kind of glue should I get to hold the brackets above onto the underside of the wood?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Personally, I would not rely on gluing a piece of metal to wood to support an undermount sink full of water and dishes. Pilot hole the wood to accept short screws and mount them the way they should be.

wdk450

Personally, I would not rely on gluing a piece of metal to wood to support an undermount sink full of water and dishes. Pilot hole the wood to accept short screws and mount them the way they should be.

I agree with John. Think about your heavy sink, its supports, and your trailer bouncing through potholes and other road bumps while travelling.

BigFry

Sorry I have been away from the computer for a few days. I agree with the others, that I would not glue the metal brackets to the wood. I used the "bent corners" where there was wood. I used gorilla epoxy glue to place the metal brackets against the corners where there is no wood but the underside of the countertop material. I scraped away the original epoxy type glue that was there. You need to wrap the threads with something like painters tape because the glue will run over the treads, dry, and the nuts will not go on.