kitchen sink

pitch black

in our big country 2950 the kitchen sink has dropped 3/16 of an inch on the back side closest to where you stand when you do dishes, the chalking has pulled from the counter top letting water go through the opening, anything to get sink to stay flush with counter top or has anyone had this happen to them, thanks

rick_debbie_gallant

Yes, we had the same problem on our bighorn. Was able to have it repaired under warranty. It appears that the installer did not put in enough metal retainers to support the sink. Check with customer service at heartland. They should help you with what you need. If it is still under warranty they should repair it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ideally, for the double bowl sink, there should be two clips on the rear, two in front, and one at either end. They are available from HL Parts, or some folks have made their own. I eventually found the ones in front were missing from mine when it started to leak. Got them from HL, but they weren't free. S&H cost more than the parts. Found the holes for the screws were already drilled...just no clips.

View attachment 15972View attachment 15973

pitch black

called customer service today about clips, said i would have to pay for them, they were none on back of my sink and they want me to pay for them ,that already should have been there, no way ,not to happy with heartland now !

JonV

called customer service today about clips, said i would have to pay for them, they were none on back of my sink and they want me to pay for them ,that already should have been there, no way ,not to happy with heartland now !

I don't care how you slice it... Heartland should ship them to you at no cost. Am I just lucky the sink dropped (about 1/4") while still under warranty? Like others, the screw holes were there and it even showed marks in the plywood from the clips that had been removed. I don't believe ANY owner should have to pay for this repair on any unit. I don't know if Heartland buys the counter tops pre-assembed or not but they need to be kicking someones butt AND recovering the costs for repairs if applicable! <soap box mode off>

Birchwood

The sink in our Landmark dropped after the first 15 months of use.I think the screws came loose
so I removed all of them and cleaned the top rim of the sink.Then applied plumbers goop to
the top rim and screwed the sink back in place.Hardware holding the sink are small L brackets
that you may be able to purchase at a hardware store.Seems in an RV there is always something
that needs tightening,ceiling fans,cupboard doors,sinks etc.

SGeohagan

Our BH had the same problem. No clips on the front and one side. The other side had pulled loose. Called HL and they sent clips.

Bob Vaughn

It appears to me that this problem should be addressed at the dealer pre delivery inspection, A simple look under the sink with an inspection mirror would tell them right away it the clips were there and tighten if necessary. I had a ceiling light fall out when I took my camper out for its maiden voyage, a 6 mile trip and when I went to the dealer he claimed that was not covered.

caissiel

Ours also dropped and we had to recalk it with silicone. I received 8 clips from HL. free, and installed them all and added them to the 2 that failed,
We now don't leave the covers on the sink anymore, the weight will just push the sink of the counter top again while traveling.

The sink is a top of the counter model and not designed to install under the counter due to the flat area not large enough to hold.

But I could not find any under the counter models the same size, so these clips are very important to be there. And the more the better.

Last edited:

traveler44

You can get them from Heartland or you can make your own like I did. I took one down and used it as a pattern and bought small corner angles and cut them and bent them to fit. It took me longer to figure out what would work than it did to make them up. I added four more to ours. Tom M.

wdk450

I think these are a standard plumbing item. I went to the Lowe's website, typed in "Sink Support Clips" in the search bar, and came up with a number of hits. One set was about $5 for 8 clips.

jimtoo

You can buy these retainers at Home Depot or Lowes or just about any lumber yard that sells sinks. Not expensive.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
can you drill into the corian countertop, to put rear clips on? thanks

Take another look at the photos I posted. You do not need to drill into the countertop, only the plywood that is under it. I think I used a 1/2" or 5/8" pan head screw to put the ones on the front. In all probability, the holes are already there. It almost seems that one guy drills the holes and another, if he's awake, installs the clips. If you get the clips from HL, they send you bolts and wing nuts that are useless, since they're only used for an over-the-counter mounting.