Lafayette LA

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not sure where to put this so please feel free to move to another area if need be. Not sure how many have seen the national news tonight but violence is hitting a little too close to home. First off Jo and I are ok, we are about an hour away from the theatre shooting in Lafayette. Please hug you family and pray for those who have been injured and the families of the 2 that did not make it. Not sure what this world is coming to when you can not go to a movie to escape for a little while and now have to worry if you will be safe or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I've only seen a small news flash and don't know any details, but glad you're okay.

- - - Updated - - -

I've only seen a small news flash and don't know any details, but glad you're okay.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

- - - Updated - - -

Not a whole lot of details other than a 58 year old man went into the theatre and started shooting and then turned his gun on himself.

Kbvols

So Glad to hear you all are ok. I just can't imagine what makes people do these horrific things. Crazy...

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Thoughts and Prayers for those who were present and to the families of the ones lost. Don't understand people's thinking and the reasoning of taking other's lives. Seems like there are more and more crazies out there.

Last edited:

VKTalley

We have a young couple that we are good friends with and think of as our own kids who live in the Lafayette area. They called us last night to let us know they were fine and not at the movie theater but shook up over what had happened there.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Not sure where to put this so please feel free to move to another area if need be. Not sure how many have seen the national news tonight but violence is hitting a little too close to home. First off Jo and I are ok, we are about an hour away from the theatre shooting in Lafayette. Please hug you family and pray for those who have been injured and the families of the 2 that did not make it. Not sure what this world is coming to when you can not go to a movie to escape for a little while and now have to worry if you will be safe or not.

Hate to hear of these things happening. Thought of you two as soon as I saw the news. Glad yall are OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul & Nan

Thought of you guys when we saw the news. Glad you guys are OK, so sorry for those that were in the theatre.