Land Mark 2 burner cook top

Bob Vaughn

Why in their infinite wisdom did the designers of the land mark choose a 2 burner cooktop. Any body who has ever cooked a meal knows you cannot cook a meal with just two burners. It is hard enough with a 3 burner gas stove. I guess for 125,000 bucks you cannot have everything. Why isn't at least a 3 burner cook top and option, there are 3 and 4 burner induction tops available??

danemayer

Just a guess, but more burners take more power. There's already so much stuff in a LM 365 that often the Power Control System has to shed some of the loads.

farside291

I use a portable one on the island. Not sure if the island circuit would support the power requirement of a double.

danemayer

I can understand that but with 50 amp service does it still do that??
Depends what's running. 3 A/C units, electric water heater, dryer, microwave/convection oven, residential refrigerator, power converter, cooktop, TVs, hairdryer, personal devices, etc. The LM365 comes with a Power Control System to manage those times when 50 amp service is exceeded.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
It's been our observation, while traveling or here at home, that it appears more people eat out instead of preparing meals these days. So along with power limitations on a 50A service and the popularity of eating out RV kitchens might be lacking a few amenities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobw

I will no buy a unit unless it has the gas stove top and oven. My wife and I live in ours 6 to 7 months ayear and use the kitchen just like we would in our stick built house. We don't go out to eat 2 to 3 times a week, I'd rather spend my money traveling.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The full oven and gas top is still an option according to the Heartland website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swannymh

I have to agree....NO induction for me...gas all the way and 3 burners, 4 better. We can cook a much better meal at home than most restaurants and have a cocktail a glass of wine and half the price.

jbeletti

Bob - there are 3 and 4 burner induction cooktops. Unfortunately, most are 220 volt / 30 amp models. Most RV mfrs don't install 220 volt appliances.

That said, True Induction is out with a new 3-burner induction cooktop. It requires two 15 amp circuits. To Dan's point - this means yet another breaker in the box and more current required. I'm not optimistic we'll see this unit in Hearltand as the depth of the unit will require a slightly deeper counter top / base cabinet. Pretty sure we're maxed on breakers in the panel too.

On the super-rare (for us) times we've needed 3 burners or needed more power out of two than the unit could deliver, like others have mentioned, we too used a separate single-burner induction cooktop on the counter.

Of course, induction is not for everyone and some just aren't ready or willing to embrace it. This is why the slide in propane range (cooktop/oven) remains an option. If you're considering Landmark, consider the propane range option.

See you at the Tampa show!

Last edited:

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
We opted for the propane stove/oven. With the addition of the convection microwave we have not 1 but 2 ovens. We love it!

TxCowboy

Guess I'm going counter to most of the comments in this thread so far.

We love the induction cooktop and find it more that sufficient for what we need. We also use the microwave side of the microwave/convection oven, most frequently for preparing frozen vegetables, etc.

As suggested in other posts, supplementing your cooktop with a single burner appliance may be just what you need for those times when you need it. You might also consider a small electric skillet (8 x 8 or 9 x 11 inch). We have used the electric skillet to prepare sauces, boil pasta, and a number of other uses other than just frying something. Having both an electric skillet AND an additional (and portable) induction cooktop burner also give you the ability to cook food outdoors that you really don't want to cook indoors, e.g., fish! :)

Let's be real -- these RV kitchens are NOT made for the gourmet cooks. The layouts and how they are equipped are much more similar to those found in an efficiency apartment.

jbeletti

Jeff and Laurie,

Like you, we love having the Induction cooktop. Full-disclosure - we have a 5 burner 36" Induction cooktop in our sticks and bricks and love it, so we knew we'd love one in the RV. That said, I totally get why some don't care for them, don't want them, doesn't fit their cooking style etc.

What we like about it:

• Clean - So easy to keep clean. No burners to clean. No place for food to drop into.
  • Fast - They heat up REALLY fast.
  • Control - You have very fine control of the heat being put into your pan and at super low levels, no worry the flame will go out
Of course, you do need AC power to use it. We have a generator and use it daily in travel days for cooking/heating lunch.

We also carry a single burner Butane cooktop. That thing is SUPER handy. It can be used indoors and outdoors and without propane or electricity.
butane_burner.jpg
As for Gourmet cooking in the RV - it depends on your definition of Gourmet :) We have a LOT of flexibility in our gourmet kitchen in our sticks and bricks. In the RV, the space is smaller and I have less counter top and fewer kitchen implements (appliances).

BUT! Once, Nancy needed the kitchen at home to prepare a large meal for a group and I needed it at the same time to make-ahead, another dish for the same group. I went out to the RV and made homemade Meatballs and homemade Italian Meat Sauce. I used the Induction cooktop and I used the Convection mode of the Microwave/Convection oven.
Google ChromeScreenSnapz029.jpg

I'm generally so busy when I'm out RVing as I'm traveling from one rally to the next but I love cooking in the RV when I have the time.

Happy camping (or dreaming of it) everyone and thanks for keeping Bob's thread lively. Hopefully it helps many make informed decisions on what to choose in their next RV.

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Why in their infinite wisdom did the designers of the land mark choose a 2 burner cooktop. Any body who has ever cooked a meal knows you cannot cook a meal with just two burners. It is hard enough with a 3 burner gas stove. I guess for 125,000 bucks you cannot have everything. Why isn't at least a 3 burner cook top and option, there are 3 and 4 burner induction tops available??

I think if you paid $125000 you got ripped off. That may be the list price but you can buy one for much much less.

Kbvols

3ca74abc1c7d33b85db6af41771f9569.jpg 600×361 pixels

Thanks Jim now I am craving meatballs! Looks tasty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk