Landing Gear follow leg position

Dcl747

I have a 2011 "Big Country". I've replaced the follow leg but confused and uncertain about the correct position. I've attached a photo. I've watched a few videos and I think it's correct. Thanks for any help..

Attachments

• 20210712_084950.jpg
    20210712_084950.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 20210712_084950.jpg
    20210712_084950.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 43

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think that is correct.
Looking at your picture I see a tab on the leg. That bracket should be resting on the leg tabs.
So you need to turn the leg 90° and lower it a bit.
Look at the tabs on the other leg for reference.

Peace
Dave

hoefler

leg.jpgThe leg needs to be rotated a quarter turn and the tab on the leg needs to be under the clamp so it won't slide up under load

wdk450

Yes, that small piece of metal swaged out from the leg metal exterior is ALL that supports all the weight from the front half of the trailer on that side. This has always scared me, but is the standard construction on all 5th wheel RV's, and I haven't heard of cases of this support point failing.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

View attachment 65831The leg needs to be rotated a quarter turn and the tab on the leg needs to be under the clamp so it won't slide up under load
Dave If he rotated it a 1/4 turn wouldn't the through shaft be front to rear instead of side to side ?
I would just put it at the same spot as the old one. You should be able to see the marks on the old legs.

Safe travels

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah Jerrod you are correct. But that tab has to be under the clamp.
I have an old landing leg in the shed that I just looked at and if the leg was rotated then the cross shaft would go left to right.
The tab is on the same side as the shaft.
Unless.... Lippert has two styles of shafts.
Oh man, my head hurts.

Peace
Dave

Last edited: