Landing gear foot

DickO

I was talking to a gentleman from Lippert and he mentioned checking the bolts holding the feet on the landing gears for being tight. My Bighorn is only 8 months old and both the middle landing gear bolts holding the feet on were loose. Might want to check yours.:)

uncledon

Her chauffeur
I was talking to a gentleman from Lippert and he mentioned checking the bolts holding the feet on the landing gears for being tight. My Bighorn is only 8 months old and both the middle landing gear bolts holding the feet on were loose. Might want to check yours.:)
Good thought. I just finished undercoating my rig and also did the level up pads. I checked them while doing that. Might not be a bad idea to put some Loctite 242 in them if they become a problem. JAT.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
I recently lost a foot pad while on the road, contacted Lippert they say that they are Loctited in place. they were kind enough to replace at no charge just pay for shipping.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
I recently lost a foot pad while on the road, contacted Lippert they say that they are Loctited in place. they were kind enough to replace at no charge just pay for shipping.
Good to know.

plshilo

Guys, I also called Lippert and was told bolt was Locked in Place....Not. There was not any loctite on the bolts. We took them off to remove the rust & FlexSeal before putting back the Snap-pads. I also asked about torque value was told Not to Tighten because needed to move a little for uneven ground, but I did Add some Loctite Red to each bolt.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Guys, I also called Lippert and was told bolt was Locked in Place....Not. There was not any loctite on the bolts. We took them off to remove the rust & FlexSeal before putting back the Snap-pads. I also asked about torque value was told Not to Tighten because needed to move a little for uneven ground, but I did Add some Loctite Red to each bolt.
The red Loctite is #272 and requires heat to remove. That might be a challenge next time you need to take the pads off. They should certainly stay put though.