Landmark and Bighorn go LED for Interior Lighting

jbeletti

Kary posted this a week ago in an existing general thread on LM design feedback. In my mind, this is such big news, I'm re-posting it here in its own thread.

karykatz

<dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin-top: 5px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; display: block; clear: both; height: auto !important; float: left; width: 180px; font-size: 11px; "></dl>

[h=2]Re: Give Heartland your feedback on the 2012 Landmark - what do you want?[/h]
Just wanted to let everyone know. Starting with Mid August 2012 production, all Landmarks and Bighorns will be built with Recessed LED lights. No more heat or drag on converter.

We are very excited!!!!​

Kary Katzenberger

Landmark / Bighorn Brand Manager

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
That IS really great news! Especially for those of us who like to boondock using solar, etc...

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Glad you did repost it Jim. Wow, I was just in the process of figuring out which LEDS I need for the ceiling. Guess I will look at them in OCT.

Jim, Could you find out what temp. color they are and if they have a G4 base????

jbeletti

I agree Kathy. And even if for no other reason, moving away from lights that require the G4 bi-pin bulb will be a HUGE improvement. Often, I have the G4s get loose, requiring me to remove the shade and reseat the bulb.

And yeah, the heat produced - wow, they run hot! Really looking forward to the LEDs :)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Oh sure, after I go and replace half of my ceiling fixtures with LED's . I coulda just bought a new trailer and saved the money. :rolleyes: I'll get the other half for next season. Not so much for the lower power usage, but for the greatly reduced heat build-up, especially if they're mistakenly left on for a long time (like the closet light).

While they're making improvements, one I'd like to see is a switch for the closet light on the outer wall. Maybe even one that lights up when the light is on.

kakampers

I know John, we replaced ALL the bulbs in our coach with LED...what an expensive proposition! Really, really cuts down on heat buildup...even use LED in the table lamps....

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I agree Kathy. And even if for no other reason, moving away from lights that require the G4 bi-pin bulb will be a HUGE improvement. Often, I have the G4s get loose, requiring me to remove the shade and reseat the bulb.

And yeah, the heat produced - wow, they run hot! Really looking forward to the LEDs :)

Yeah, great and I am stuck with the G4 base. BTW, I shot my halogen lights with an IFR gun-134 degrees.

I guess you are saying the entire light fixture is changed and it is not just a bulb change?

John, if you want, you can pay for my trailer to be outfitted with the new LED lights and then I can show them to you next month. ;)

kakampers

What bulbs and color did you use? I really am trying to stay away from the real white light. Trying to stay around 3500 k.

Got them from Starlights...300LM Super White 12V3.3w. They say super White, but are much closer in color.to incandescent bulbs...

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Thats the same ones we used (300LM) and I love them! Much whiter light, so easier for these old eyes to see things. I wonder of the exteriorlights will be LED too. If so, can I buy them to retrofit from HL Parts?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Don't have a LM or BH, just a little ole BC but have started to replacing the bulbs with LEDs. I dropped a couple of hundred $$ at the National Good Sam's Rally in KY, starting in the bedroom working the way toward the back. about 1/2 down. I do think the dealer was StarLight.

donr827

Can I send my G4s back to the factory and have them send me the new LEDS for free?:) Just kidding.
Don

Tool958

Here's where I recently purchased 30 bulbs. Ship direct from China, but cannot beat the price! $51.88 for ten 1141 bulbs.

They are brighter than standard incandescent 1141, but same warm color.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=170721857327

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are exactly what we put in. We also replaced the others with these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/180938954530?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
They are all brighter than the original bulbs and cut down on the heat from the bulbs.

Tool958

I looked at the eBay page and it appeared the base is corroded. How does the quality. Price aint bad though.
All that we bought were in excellent shape. We were surprized at the quality at the price range thay were at. We had looked at the same thing at RV supply stores and Camping World and they were 3-4 times higher for the same thing.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I was also surprised by the quality. I had bought two StarBrights in Gillette, and these looked better!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346733176.392478.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk