Landmark Grand Canyon TV

jimbob195

Hello, friends. This is my first post to the forum. We are the new owners of a 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon. Has anyone switched the OEM tv in the living area with a larger one? I have a 50" - 4K smart tv that i would like to mount in its place. Heartland engineers say that the mounting plate in the wall should support the extra weight as long as i replace the extending mounting bracket with a heaver duty one. I realize that the larger tv will not fit into the cubby that the OEM tv fits into. Just wondering if anyone has attempted and conquered the task and any hints that might get passed along.

danemayer

Hi jimbob195,

Welcome to posting on the Heartland Owners Forum.

People change out their TVs for various reasons. I'm sure you'll hear from some of them shortly.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We upgraded to a 40” in our 2011 Grand Canyon. Did not require redoing the existing mount. It is larger than the opening, but slightly longer straps keep it in place while traveling. Given the way ours overlaps the edges of the cabinetry, I would be afraid that a 50” might interfere with the cabinet door to the left of he TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk