Landmark ladder

G_S

I broke the bottom rung off of our ladder. Is there anywhere on the west coast I can find a replacement? Heartland wants 250 plus 150 shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOOKERUP

Mine broke very clean at first rung.Too costly to replace.Used 5gal.bucket to make up for then used a step stool.Worked fine and less than 20.00.

G_S

Mine is broken right at the first support where the screws went in.

mlpeloquin

What part broke? If it is the black plastic piece, then tell Heartland to send that part. They are light so get extra for the future. They did send me some under warranty when I broke one on a ladder rung. It was the black plastic part that is inserted into the aluminum cross member. Heartlands shipping is always expensive. I think it is always by default two day shipping.

G_S

I lost the bottom rung. I thought about getting some tubing bent and cut to size.

jbeletti

Here's a link to a thread with some pictures on how I shortened a ladder.

Note that the bottom loop type rung is sleeved with a smaller tube. That tube is placed in the loop before the loop is bent into shape. Through careful use of a tubing cutter, you may be able to repair/shorten your bottom loop if you saved it.

jbeletti

I spoke with our Director of Parts today and learned that we can only purchase complete ladders. This wasn't always the case but there's been some consolidation in the last few years with the maker of our ladder and the current owner sells us complete ladders only. Hence the higher cost. Then of course, crating and freighting a ladder is going to be expensive as well.

This all said, for the OP, I'd consider doing some custom fabricating to make repairs.

G_S

That is what I was afraid of. Thank you for checking into it for me.