Landmark Newport Furniture

Kenneths

Is anyone else having problems with the sofa and theater seating in their Landmarks? My theater seating has one of them leaning like it is wanting to collapse and it makes noise like a broken spring every time you get in or out of it. On my sofa the front panel at the bottom came lose from one side and is sitting on the floor, not to even mention the hide a bed which is totally junk.

I recently brought it in for other warranty issues and asked the dealer to see about this also, well they tightened up the screws on the recliner or added some so it doesn't shake anymore but they did it without straightening it up so it looks like the leaning tower of Pisa. the sofa i guess they tried to put the bottom back in place but ended up ripping the side piece with the screw that was sticking out.

I picked up the coach while waiting for the repair parts to come in, well its been a month and parts still not in even though I was told they were expediting the parts and would have it in a week. I called Heartland today and they have no parts on order for my coach. Dealer giving me the runaround.

Sorry for venting but I have not had very good experience with this dealer and am frustrated.

Can I go to heartland directly for this and future warranty issues? If so who do I need to talk with over there?

Last edited by a moderator:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes you can go directly to Heartland. Call customer service and have your VIN handy, they will give you to a rep that handles your area. I've been dealing with Jamie Justis and Dave McWilliams, both very helpful.

Some things cannot be handled without dealer involvement, but something easy like when our tv quit working, HL shipped a new tv directly to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 15 Prowler and the couch is the biggest piece of junk. It is falling apart and ripped almost the whole way across the top. Was damaged when I bought been waiting a month and a half on repair/ replace now

TravelTiger

Although our loveseat is fine, it was not what was described on the invoice, so the dealer said they would get us the correct one. This was discussed on 1-17. We took delivery 1-29. The new loveseat finally arrived at the dealer 3-2. My understanding is that it must come from the manufacturer, and the delivery process is a bear. Not really sure why that has to be, but what I have experienced.

sengli

We have two fifth wheels since we got back into camping. We finally decided to get residential furniture in our coach to replace, the theater seating and couch. We got a couch with end recliners, and got rid of the fold out bed feature. We found the OEM furnishings to be less than perfect.

ksucats

One of the items that our dealer is currently working on (warranty issues for the most part) is also the theater seating leaning out from the middle. Both sides lean out - I mentioned to the tech that they look like dog ears standing at attention with the center console being the face / muzzle ready to snap at us. Took pictures and sent them to Heartland over a month ago - nothing from heartland that I know of as yet. Being patient though - but awfully hard to do at times.

danemayer

One of the items that our dealer is currently working on (warranty issues for the most part) is also the theater seating leaning out from the middle. Both sides lean out - I mentioned to the tech that they look like dog ears standing at attention with the center console being the face / muzzle ready to snap at us. Took pictures and sent them to Heartland over a month ago - nothing from heartland that I know of as yet. Being patient though - but awfully hard to do at times.

Your email may have fallen into the bit bucket. Pick up the phone and call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

TravelTiger

Your email may have fallen into the bit bucket. Pick up the phone and call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Furniture replacement does take a while, but I'd call HL direct and find out the status.

So far they've responded to all my warranty related questions in 24 hours or less.