Large Electric Slide Problems

bigdob24

Have a large electric slide with the super slide in one end. When we were in Florida last April I thought it was slower than usual .
Today I had to open it up and when I hit the button it groaned and opened about 4“ and stoped, I got it back in and opened it again and it was noticeable slow and when I retracted it at the last 12” of travel it just barely made. The batteries were full, I looked at the light gauge and it never moved from 100% and my EMS gauge showed it was drawing 2 amps when moving. Usually draws 3 amps in the past. I also looked at the controls and they didn’t show any codes after it was closed.
Is it possible a moter is not working? Don’t know .
‘Any ideas.

wdk450

Is this a BAL (Brand) slideout mechanism? Maybe you need to call Heartland (with your VIN at the ready) to get the brand installed on your rig identified.

It might be helpful (but kinda hard to do) to have a voltage reading on the motor wires near the motor as the slide is actuated, to help decide if the problem is bad connections in the wiring, or a weak motor. Also, a good slideout floor support roller system is important in lessening the load on the slideout motor.

NYSUPstater

My 1st guess is weak breakers. Are yours original still? We have same RV and tho no probs w/ the slide-n-slide slide (does that even make sense?? LOL), had issues w/ other 2 starting/stopping and repeat. Changed out all the breakers w/ new ones regardless and all worked for awhile, BUT the hyd pump breaker kept cutting out. So last year w/ the aid of a co-worker who made me up a 18" 6ga +/- w/ ends to go onto batt post and 80 amp breaker, no probs at all now w/ hyd pump. So my guess is to try the breakers 1st.

bigdob24

After talking with a Heartland tech and Lippert After the electric connections are checkEd and ok then look at the controller and if it’s ok then the motors. Not a job I’m comfortable with so a shop that’s done work on the slide rollers in the past will work me in 9th of next month.
I‘ll just get my yearly checkup done too.
Just have to pull it to Goshen for the work
Thanks for the commits