Late 2011 changes for 3585RL - Our ordered Unit is different from Early 2011

aquiring signal

I just came from the local dealer where I saw our new 3585 for the first time. We ordered it at a recent RV show and knew that some things were changing, but there were also some changes we did not know about. Here they are -

what we knew:
show unit had cherry wood, no longer available. We chose Royal Maple
Godiva ultra-leather no longer available, we chose Lasso.
Over counter tulip lights

what we did not know (different from 2011 show unit):
no whiskey barrel hinged cabinet
different wheels
exterior speakers
new aerodynamic front cap
smooth bathroom door (rather than raised panel look door)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Congrats on the new Bighorn. Too bad about the changes. I think that happens now & then. For me, only two of the un-announced changes that might bother me would be the whiskey barrel cabinet which was really a nice feature and the smooth bathroom door. The other changes seem to be a step up. The wheels, as long as they're Alloy wheels it shouldn't make much difference. Enjoy!!!

aquiring signal

Congrats on the new Bighorn. Too bad about the changes. I think that happens now & then. For me, only two of the un-announced changes that might bother me would be the whiskey barrel cabinet which was really a nice feature and the smooth bathroom door. The other changes seem to be a step up. The wheels, as long as they're Alloy wheels it shouldn't make much difference. Enjoy!!!

Thanks! The smooth door does match the cabinet color better than the faux raised panel door I saw at the show, so I think I'm okay with that.

And I wasn't crazy about that whiskey barrel thing anyway. I mean the entire kitchen seems to be real wood & that vinyl covered rounded cabinet seemed to detract from that look, though I bet the extra storage is nice. In our 3670, the whiskey barrel location is where we keep our kitchen trash can anyway.

The wheels are still alloy, but the design is more modern than the spoke design. I'm not a fan, but perhaps I'll get used to them.

Overall, we've very pleased so far

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There were a number of unhappy campers with the whiskey barrel cabinet due to weak latches. I saw it in a 3670 at a RV Show and was glad mine didn't have it. That's where we put the food and water dishes for the furballs. Or the trash can when they're not with us.

dmcessna

The wife and I got to take a look at Jon & Mary's new 3585 today. Thanks again Mary for letting us peek. We are trying to sell the house and go full time in a new 3585. The changes we heard about had us curious so we wanted to see. We like the maple wood and Lasso interior. I thought I had the wife talked into a king size bed and only one a/c, but Mary has her rethinking those two issues now. Wish someone would come along and fall in love with my house so we could move on with this new chapter in our lives. Look forward to getting out of Dodge and going to see other places and people whenever we feel like it. Thanks to all the folks on this forum for your advice and comments.

aquiring signal

The wife and I got to take a look at Jon & Mary's new 3585 today. Thanks again Mary for letting us peek. We are trying to sell the house and go full time in a new 3585. The changes we heard about had us curious so we wanted to see. We like the maple wood and Lasso interior. I thought I had the wife talked into a king size bed and only one a/c, but Mary has her rethinking those two issues now. Wish someone would come along and fall in love with my house so we could move on with this new chapter in our lives. Look forward to getting out of Dodge and going to see other places and people whenever we feel like it. Thanks to all the folks on this forum for your advice and comments.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you two but stop out & see us anytime. Mary says to tell you that a 3585 just like ours rolled in here today a couple hours after you left but it has the king bed. Maybe you should look at it to compare the space difference.