”lcd mount here"

schew

Like many of you have, my torque has a place to mount an additional flat screen TV in my bedroom as well as the garage - besides the factory tv installed in the living room. . In my bedroom/garage, there's a 110v outlet as well as a coax connection next to the mount LCD sticker.
My question is after I mount the bedroom/garage TV and connect it to the coax cable, can I view a DVD movie that is playing in the living room on my bedroom/garage TV? Is it wired to do this or is that coax outlet simply for TV antenna reception?

weekender01

Unfortunately the DVD is not wired that way. It will only play on your living room tv. As for mounting double check to make sure you have a backer behind the sticker. Sometimes they are off from where they place the sticker. We have a 2017 Torque 321 and in the garage while we have the coax and outlet there is not a backer in mine despite what the print from Heartland shows. Glad I double checked. No w just put the TV on the shelf in the garage.

schew

Ok, thanks for the info. Looks like I'll purchase a couple of lcd / dvd combo tv's then. I'll definitely check to see if and where the backer plates are too.
Given how thin the walls are, I've read people suggest no longer than 1-1/2 " screws when mounting the flatscreen mount. Assuming the backer is a 3/4" plywood pad, I'm concerned with the lack of purchase and strength to safely hold a tv permanently on the wall.

Are failures common?

weekender01

We used a MorRyde locing TV mount found on Amazon for our bedroom TV and used the screws provided in the kit that were about 1.25 inches as I recall. Our print shows the TV backer to be 1" thick plywood and then the plate adds a little so did not want to go much deeper.

So far we have not had any issues and have been over some very rough roads. We also use securing straps when travelling so make sure it does not pop out of its locked position. Hope we do not have any issues, but do not hear this as being an issue in the forums.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
This is how far off the backer plate was off from the sticker in the bedroom of our previous Heartland Trail Runner:

TVBackerTrailRunner-IMG_0024.jpg

After drilling a couple of holes in the sticker and finding nothing, I then put my two thumbs together and pressed around on the wall until I found the backer plate (over a foot away from the sticker).

Our Prowler didn't have any stickers in it, but I found the right spots to mount the two TV's by doing the two thumbs together and press system.

schew

Re: ”lcd mount here"

We used a MorRyde locing TV mount found on Amazon for our bedroom TV and used the screws provided in the kit that were about 1.25 inches as I recall. Our print shows the TV backer to be 1" thick plywood and then the plate adds a little so did not want to go much deeper.

So far we have not had any issues and have been over some very rough roads. We also use securing straps when travelling so make sure it does not pop out of its locked position. Hope we do not have any issues, but do not hear this as being an issue in the forums.
I quickly did a search for a moryde locking tv mount. It was $80, much more expensive than most other mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

This is how far off the backer plate was off from the sticker in the bedroom of our previous Heartland Trail Runner:

View attachment 48830

After drilling a couple of holes in the sticker and finding nothing, I then put my two thumbs together and pressed around on the wall until I found the backer plate (over a foot away from the sticker).

Our Prowler didn't have any stickers in it, but I found the right spots to mount the two TV's by doing the two thumbs together and press system.

Do you recall which mount you purchased? I like the chain lock feature..

JohnD

This is the one I bought:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/master-mount-locking-cantilever-mount-small/51564

We have two of them in our Prowler and love them!

The locking feature is why I searched them out and only found them at Camping World.

If you have a larger than 32-inch TV you'll need this one:

http://www.campingworld.com/shoppin...ing-heavy-duty-cantilever-tv-mount-408l/93833

By the way . . . if you print out the 'online only' price they will match it in the store.

CarterKraft

I quickly did a search for a moryde locking tv mount. It was $80, much more expensive than most other mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Just as a FYI, the higher expense of the locking RV specific mount is likely worth it in my opinion. I recently installed a NON RV mount and had to make allot of improvements to make it RV worthy.

JohnD

Just as a FYI, the higher expense of the locking RV specific mount is likely worth it in my opinion. I recently installed a NON RV mount and had to make allot of improvements to make it RV worthy.

The locking swivel mounts I bought at Camping World are the best ones out there for RV's.

We've had these same two for four years and in two trailers and have not once had one of them not hold the TV in place while traveling.

weekender01

I too looked at the mounts at a Camping World, but found an awesome deal on Amazon for the MorRyde mount. I got his one for just under $24. Not sure how, but I did.

MORryde International Inc. TV1-021H Extending Swivel Wall Mount

JohnD

I too looked at the mounts at a Camping World, but found an awesome deal on Amazon for the MorRyde mount. I got his one for just under $24. Not sure how, but I did.

MORryde International Inc. TV1-021H Extending Swivel Wall Mount

I just looked at the MorRyde's on their website and they look pretty sturdy!

I got mine at CW for $25 each as I joined the Good Sam's Club ($25) that day and the club member discounts knocked the price down . . . so they were $75 out the door.

What I like about the two that I have is that the swivel arm can be pushed to either the left or right and still locked down for travel.

I'll take a picture of one of them when the sun comes up.

tomhank

If the walls of your RV are made of wooden paneling, make sure that it is sturdy enough to withstand the application of mounting hardware for further reinforcement without breaking.
Pick a place in your RV where you can conveniently access the connectors for your television's power wire, HDMI, and other visual inputs. Access to a socket for a cable box or satellite receiver is also required.