LCI theater seat lost power

svictor

i suddenly have no power to one of the seat control modual. there is power at cord. where do i check next and how do i remove base to trouble shoot. i have removed back and that dose not give enough room

jbeletti

Re: ATF: Bighorn - LCI theater seats

Generally speaking, these types of chairs have a power pack. That pack plugs into the wall and that wire plugs into the pack. Then there is a DC output from the pack to the chair. It plugs into a mating plug under the chair.

So you have multiple potential disconnection spots to check. Often times, you can lift up the foot rest (unpowered) enough to get your head under there with a flashlight to inspect.

svictor

Thanks for the info. I will try to see if foot rest will come up, it didn't seem to have any movement to it. How are these chairs attached to the floor?

jbeletti

Thanks for the info. I will try to see if foot rest will come up, it didn't seem to have any movement to it. How are these chairs attached to the floor?

Often the foot rest is spring-loaded and can be partially lifted up. The chair bases are screwed down to the slide room floor. Probably 1 screw per corner of each chair.

Geodude

I went through this process today. One of the chairs either didn't work or was intermittent. It turns out the connector to the motor just under the footrest was not tight, and the two connectors at the controller were not tight.

The chairs were clamped to the floor, held by a single screw in each clamp, in three places (two out front and one adjacent to the dining table and no clamp in the back corner). After removing those the chair needs to be pulled upwards to detach from the centre storage console. They are attached by interlocking devices. Once that chair is out of the way the console can be pulled upwards to detach from the other chair. You may find these attachment points need to be tightened - every one of mine was loose. You need a hex wrench to tighten them.

I rolled each chair onto its side to get good access to the wiring. There is a connector at the front rail, the adapter, down stream from the adapter and then two on the control module that's attached at the inside back of the chair. I pushed each connection tightly together and then secured them with zip ties. It took a bit of zip tie trickery to ensure the two connectors on the control module were held down.

Everything works now.

"Hi-Viz" Bill

LOL ;):D !! I thought I was the only one that has used "zip tie trickery" when everything else fails !!

Great minds think alike ?? LOL