Leak Between Dump Valve and Tank

ENG2242

C1738187-B83E-492A-9F3B-74ED5D17AC32.jpeg
This is the leak between the valve and the tank. I’m not certain how their connected. The hose strap is tight. Sooo, what and/or how is it connected that could cause this leak? Thanks so much: David B6F162CC-6C1A-4807-96E6-B165089A9862.jpegB6F162CC-6C1A-4807-96E6-B165089A9862.jpeg

Roller4tan

Looks like the oring seal has been displaced. You will probably have to remove the valve to reset the orings.

Hollandt

View attachment 67405
This is the leak between the valve and the tank. I’m not certain how their connected. The hose strap is tight. Sooo, what and/or how is it connected that could cause this leak? Thanks so much: David View attachment 67406View attachment 67406
Looks like the supports for the tank have failed. The tank appears to have dropped and broken either the pipe or the connection on the tank. The first operation needs to be to get the tank supported properly. Assuming it is 30 gal a full tank will weight over 250#.

ENG2242

Looks like the supports for the tank have failed. The tank appears to have dropped and broken either the pipe or the connection on the tank. The first operation needs to be to get the tank supported properly. Assuming it is 30 gal a full tank will weight over 250#.
Yes sir, your analysis was correct. The tank has dropped off it’s angle iron supports on both sides and has dropped 3-4”. Even worse is one side is bowed in substantially. I have found a reliable on site RV tech, I honestly think I’ll be purchasing a new tank. However, he did discuss how substantially these tanks twist and bow. Anyway, thanks so much for your help!!! David

wdk450

Maybe you want to add a thick 1/2 inch?) outdoor rated piece of plywood under the tank with strap supports. That's what my fresh water tank had originally. You might want to drill a 1/2 inch hole at the center of the wood panel in case a little water somehow accumulates, to allow it to drain away from the wood.