leak on the right slide out on 2016 big horn 3160 today....agony

scottknight1

see pics. we have water on the carpet in the corner under the dinette set. the seals seem to be OK on the side and top of the slide-out. there was standing water on the top of the slide-out. hung a tarp over the top of the slide-out. seems to minimize or eliminate more leaks..... could the slide-out roof need to be repaired? no ceiling damage in this area or elsewhere...

Attachments

• MZBO9075[1].JPEG
    MZBO9075[1].JPEG
    2.9 MB · Views: 33
  • HSKL7972[1].JPEG
    HSKL7972[1].JPEG
    2.9 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5509[1].JPEG
    IMG_5509[1].JPEG
    1.9 MB · Views: 26

sengli

I would go out in the rain and watch where the water is running off, or in your case not. These rigs are set up to shed water via gravity. If your slide out has irregularity thats is not letting water run off, it will find a way to drip off thru the path of least resistance. Tops of slide are angled to allow water to run off away from the coach, maybe you have an issue?

Routemaster

I have dining room floor rot as well not really sure where the water got in and could have started at the top of the roof line rot there.

Attachments

• Ski4.JPG
    Ski4.JPG
    763.6 KB · Views: 29
  • EPDM trapped.JPG
    EPDM trapped.JPG
    666.9 KB · Views: 33

tallen126

I had the same problem a few years ago . Buy some elastomeric 4" tape and make a " L" seal along the inside of the slide where the rubber roof meets the inside lip. Its a tight fit because you can only reach it with the slide in. Use a ladder and that fixed mine.