leaking grey water tank

BigRed60

I have a 2009 Heartland Big Country that I recently moved to Georgia. In the process my gray water tank for the kitchen started leaking badly. I have tried to find the leak but the best I can figure out is that it is on the top of the tank somewhere. As far as I can see the next step is to cut the floor open under the cabinet to access the tank fitting. Has anyone had a similar problem / resolution.

danemayer

If you have a kitchen island, the drain pipe may take a 90 degree turn after it goes through the floor, and then run a few feet toward the front of the trailer before another 90 degree bend lets it join the tank.

You may need an access port of some kind under the island. I think islands can generally be moved without too much trouble.

carl.swoyer

I have a 2009 Heartland Big Country that I recently moved to Georgia. In the process my gray water tank for the kitchen started leaking badly. I have tried to find the leak but the best I can figure out is that it is on the top of the tank somewhere. As far as I can see the next step is to cut the floor open under the cabinet to access the tank fitting. Has anyone had a similar problem / resolution.
Not sure where or what indicators you have, but it's possibly a leaking gate valve. I would not suggest cutting the floor. If you open the belly skin a flashlight and inspection mirror may provide you more information.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

rhodies1

I have the same issue with my unit. I have left it and dump the tank when it shows 3/4 full ...there is an access port under the cupboard. Follow the drain
line and you’ll find it. Mine is not a leak at the fitting,Its A crack on the top side of the tank. Not going to tear it apart. I can dump when needed. I would just leave it alone. Not easy to remove. Tanks are usually installed before camper is built and not an easy removal from the bottom unless you start the cutting support braces for the tank .

Last edited: