LED awning lights

Ararcher

Just purchased a new to me 2018 Mallard M32, the led awning lights just flash then go out when I turn the switch on. Any ideas?

Bernie157

We had the same issue with our Solera® awning on a 2019 North Trail.

Ours was corrected by:
1. Replacing the battery in the awning LED light remote

2. Turning on the awning LED light switch in the trailer

3. Use the remote to turn the awning LED on. If your looking out the trailer door there is a sensory for the remote on the left side of the awning tube. We had to stand close and reach the remote up toward the sensory to get it to function.

4. It seemed like once the LED light was turned on by the remote one time we could then continue to use only the switch in the trailer to turn the LEDS On/Off even if the battery was taken out of the remote.

Hope this helps you.

Last edited:
We had the same issue with our Solera® awning on a 2019 North Trail.

Ours was corrected by:
1. Replacing the battery in the awning LED light remote

2. Turning on the awning LED light switch in the trailer

3. Use the remote to turn the awning LED on. If your looking out the trailer door there is a sensory for the remote on the left side of the awning tube. We had to stand close and reach the remote up toward the sensory to get it to function.

4. It seemed like once the LED light was turned on by the remote one time we could then continue to use only the switch in the trailer to turn the LEDS On/Off even if the battery was taken out of the remote.

Hope this helps you.
We also have a 2019 North Trail. I changed the battery in the remote and still can't get it to do anything. I turn on the switch inside. It comes on, but I can't get it to change colors or anything? Is the correct battery a 2025

Bernie157

We also have a 2019 North Trail. I changed the battery in the remote and still can't get it to do anything. I turn on the switch inside. It comes on, but I can't get it to change colors or anything? Is the correct battery a 2025
Did you try holding the remote very close to the sensor which is on the awning tube? I could not get the remote to function without it being a couple feet from the sensor.

I purchased a 2019 Wilderness 3350DS used and this is happening to me. The original owner never installed the LED controller on the awning. I’ve replaced the battery in the remote and tested the switch to make sure it was getting power as it should. When turning the switch on and off, all I get is a quick flash of the strip and then it goes off. There’s got to be a remedy out there?!

noah2

I am currently experiencing something similar since I have practiced LED lighting in my apartment more than once. I like this kind of lighting because it is more economical, and you can change colors by choosing from hundreds of thousands of shades. That's always appealed to me. I am sure you know what I'm talking about because LED lighting is now available to absolutely everyone because it is a low cost, especially if you take on Amazon. I chose this one: https://www.amazon.com/smart-light-bulb-bulbs-color/dp/B0922Q43LY/

Last edited:

ddstokes

I have a 2019 mallard m25. I need to know where to find the power supply to the lights on the awning tube? The lights do not work and I want to replace them with new ones. I know the wires go up the awning fabric, to the top of the arm, but where do I find the power supply?

david-steph2018

DDStokes, on our Road Warrior there is an inline fuse in one of the awning support arms on the side of the camper. The cover on the arm can be popped off with a flat tip screwdriver.