LED Light Bulb Replacement

Bringing home my new 3685 this weekend. I removed one of the ceiling light covers to look at the LED light. This is clearly not something that my local trailer supply store is going to carry. Where do you get replacement LED lights for these fixtures?

GlenStMary

You can find those LEDs from most well-stocked camper stores such as Camping World, etc. but they are costly. I prefer to go online. Even with some shipping I usually save substantially because I buy from out of state dealers (no sales tax) and buy multiples to save on the shipping charges. If you do some online investigation you can often find dealers that offer free shipping.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a new Bighorn, you will not replace the LED's. They should last a long long time.
If needed, you will replace the entire fixture for under $20 from Heartland Parts.
Do yours look like this?
58frontsmall.jpg

Peace
Dave

pokypa

How do you remove the round LED light from the ceiling on a Big Horn. I don't see any screws to take out and it feels like it is glued to the ceiling when I try to pull down on it. What am I missing?

wdk450

The expected lifetime of a LED is in the hundreds of thousands of hours. That being said, I have had some defective ones I bought a few years ago in Quartzsite that some of the LEDs in the array started flashing, very annoying, but it still lit up.

I have found some pretty good prices on multiple packs of LED replacements for the common RV 1141 bulbs on E-Bay.

The expected lifetime of a LED is in the hundreds of thousands of hours. That being said, I have had some defective ones I bought a few years ago in Quartzsite that some of the LEDs in the array started flashing, very annoying, but it still lit up.

I have found some pretty good prices on multiple packs of LED replacements for the common RV 1141 bulbs on E-Bay.
The 1141 bulbs have the single pole, correct? I wasnt sure if the lights were single or double pole.

NYSUPstater

FWIW, try Superbritelites.com. May not be the cheapest, but quality is top notch. I got 2 LED bulbs for my John Deere garden tractor last fall and they worked great in the winter when blowing snow. Then this year, replaced all the side marker lights from them on the RV. The rear ones are red and not clear despite red cover. Asked and was told the red would be brighter and easier to see at nite. Haven't towed yet at nite, so we'll see. Next thing I'm considering doing is replacing both headlights and taillights on the truck w/ SB as stock ones are Halogen and incondesant bulbs. Appears changing the headlight bulbs are a PITA.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Next thing I'm considering doing is replacing both headlights and taillights on the truck w/ SB as stock ones are Halogen and incondesant bulbs. Appears changing the headlight bulbs are a PITA.
If you change the truck lights to LED your truck might throw a message that a light is out.

Peace
Dave

Sundyrse59

I changed all the lights in my 2010 F150 over to LED, didn't have a problem with them, until I changed the last two, my front parking / turn signal lights. My turn signals work just fine, even with my trailer attached. But.... turn on the markers, then use the turn signal and they will hyper flash, doesn't matter if my trailer is attached or not.