LED strip lighting

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I recently purchased the 16' multi-colored LED strip lights for the RV. I mounted them just under the awning and connected them into the porch light and mounted the controller on the inside right above the entry door. Whenconnecting the controller wire to the LED strip wire one of the small 4 pins broke. I contacted UCAMP Products to see if I could purchase a new wire. Deb at UCAMP Products said no problem and sent me a new controller with wire and several 4 pin connectors. There was no discussion she just did it. I would like to thank her and highly recommend her company for their great customer service. BTW the LED lights work great and it has a remote that comes with it to change color or do other functions. We love it.;)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I can second UCAMP Products, and their customer service. I recently won one of their awning light sets at an RV show, from United RV. Unfortunately, 3 LEDs in the middle were not operating correctly. I contacted UCAMP and Deb immediately said "don't worry, we'll make this right. I'll send a replacement light strip." I asked if I needed to send pics or the defective one back, and she said, no, not at all. We now have our lights installed and love them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mobilcastle

I recently purchased the 16' multi-colored LED strip lights for the RV. I mounted them just under the awning and connected them into the porch light and mounted the controller on the inside right above the entry door. Whenconnecting the controller wire to the LED strip wire one of the small 4 pins broke. I contacted UCAMP Products to see if I could purchase a new wire. Deb at UCAMP Products said no problem and sent me a new controller with wire and several 4 pin connectors. There was no discussion she just did it. I would like to thank her and highly recommend her company for their great customer service. BTW the LED lights work great and it has a remote that comes with it to change color or do other functions. We love it.;)
Do you have any pictures of your install? Does the remote work when you are outside with the controller inside? Did you install an in line fuse of 3 amp? Where did you buy yours?Thanks, Steve

jmgratz

We bought ours at RV Station in Nachodoches Tx. I mounted it just under the main awning and wired it into the 12 volt porch light. The controller is mounted inside above the entry door. The remote will note work standing outside

I'm interested in a little more information on your installation. I have been looking at the LED light system myself, but having second thoughts about drilling a hole through the RV, so I like the ideal of attaching to the outside door light for a power source if I understand correctly. For mounting the controller on the inside of the door, did you drill a hole for the wire to run through the wall..??

gasman

Camp Socializer
I brought my wire down the chase in the forward awning rail. I drilled a hole next to the existing hole for the wire that powers the awning motor. That took me into the dresser cabinet in the bedroom. There is a false bottom under the drawers in the cabinet. In the bottom is where all the wiring runs. In the end of our cabinet is a switch for the bedroom light. I hooked into the power side of the switch and installed a second switch for the awning lights. They look and work great. It took me about 3 1/2 hours from start to finish.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

I brought my wire down the chase in the forward awning rail. I drilled a hole next to the existing hole for the wire that powers the awning motor. That took me into the dresser cabinet in the bedroom. There is a false bottom under the drawers in the cabinet. In the bottom is where all the wiring runs. In the end of our cabinet is a switch for the bedroom light. I hooked into the power side of the switch and installed a second switch for the awning lights. They look and work great. It took me about 3 1/2 hours from start to finish.

We did something similar, ran our wire down the awning arm and into the same hole as the awning power. Wiring is behind the drawers of the dresser, then drilled a small hole into the closet. That's where I put the RF controller and DC to AC converter. Plugs into plug for the washer/dryer we don't have. I use the remote to turn it on and off. Used Velcro to attach the little remote in the rig's control panel, so it's easily accessible.

I'll try to post pics from the computer later.

jmgratz

What my wish is that Heartland would offer the LED multi-colored light strip as an option.

TravelTiger

Here's our install.

IMG_2570.jpgIMG_2572.jpgIMG_2577.jpgIMG_2578.jpgIMG_2573.jpg

Here's a pic taken in the dark today out at the storage lot of the arrangement in the closet. The wire from the light strip (coming from behind the dresser in the bedroom, into the closet) connects to the RF control (about a 2" flat spot), then connects to an AC to DC converter box (black). Everything held on place with Velcro or command clips.

a4u5ype2.jpg

Last edited: