LEDs Flashing

KelliE

We have a 2019 Heartland Trail Runner, we’re currently living in it full time hooked up to shore power 24/7. One light above our dinette has flashed since we first hooked up but now the bathroom light is doing it. It isn’t subtle, it’s an unbearable disco so we just can’t use the light in there. Any ideas what that might be from ? We are new to the RV life.

thewanderingeight

The LEDs themselves pretty much last forever, but the electronic boards that control them do not. Assuming you don’t have a short messing with the lights, I would just look for new lights you like and replace them.

Couldn’t hurt to check the wires with a multimeter while you jiggle them around just to double check. But most likely it’s just the control board going bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

The LEDs themselves pretty much last forever, but the electronic boards that control them do not. Assuming you don’t have a short messing with the lights, I would just look for new lights you like and replace them.

Couldn’t hurt to check the wires with a multimeter while you jiggle them around just to double check. But most likely it’s just the control board going bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have individual LEDS in arrays made to replace fluorescent tubes that flash individually. I believe that many of these LEDS might have IC circuitry WITHIN the LED molded enclosure (Simple IC's themselves can be miniscule, only able to be examined with microscopes).
LEDs designed to be run on 12 volts DC have to have voltage dropping circuitry, since the semiconductor LED can only tolerate about 3 volts DC.