Let's Talk Vacuums!

GETnBYE

What Dyson is Heartland using now? Anyone have one of the new ones?
I probablyly have the new model, but don't know the model. I can get that info for you in about 28 days when we head to Florida.
As for my review of it, which is limited use at this point.
pros:
1. I like the size and space saving aspect of it.
2. It does have a fair amount of suction.
Cons:
3. With the motor being in the handle area, it seams to make my arm hurt very quickly. With having to hold an extra button for MAX power, that just seems to add to the arm strain.
4. Not having any type of self propelled power head it is a very difficult push/pull situation. * on bare floor it is not a problem.
5. This could be just my new type of rug which is very thin valour type, it seems to just suction onto the rug and not move at all.
I have never worked so hard to vacuum in my life. This may change as the rugs and carpet are all new and there may be a lot of lint causing it to just not glide well. We shall see. Not buying a new one just yet.

porthole

Retired
With having to hold an extra button for MAX power, that just seems to add to the arm strain.

Tap Max air and it lights up and is on
Tap it again and the light goes out and power is reduced.

You shouldn't have to keep your finger on it.

GETnBYE

Tap Max air and it lights up and is on
Tap it again and the light goes out and power is reduced.

You shouldn't have to keep your finger on it.

I will be sure to try that asap, but like I posted it will be 28.....nope, now 27 days until we camp again.
Thanks for the info.
I almost had Wayne convinced that it was just to hard on me to use the vacuum and he would need to do the vacuuming for me.
So..... Ummmmm.....yea.....thanks , jk;)

herefishy

Re: Let's Talk Vaccums!

Has anybody tried an after market power head for the Eureka Yellow Jacket? Just wondered if that would solve the problems with the weak suction?

porthole

Retired

Has anybody tried an after market power head for the Eureka Yellow Jacket? Just wondered if that would solve the problems with the weak suction?

We have aYellow Jacket I don't see any issues with suction with it. Actually I think it is pretty good for a small unit.
Have you looked behind the wall to see how the hoses are run?
Or checked for a clog?

I check and clean the pipes of our house and trailer central vac with the bungees that have a plastic ball.

I'll put a dozen through various inlets and listen then count to see if there are any restrictions. The bungee whipping through the system dislodges quite a bit of dirt.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

I have used the power head from the house.
Won't do anything for weak suction though.

Porthole has some good ideas.

Peace
Dave