Level Up Hydraulic Jack Leak

Mugszy

I have a leak at one of the middle jacks. You can see fluid around the bottom of the jack and pooling on the foot. This occurred while parked for a month.

Lippert indicated three is no seal kit for the jack so it was not repairable and that it needed to be replaced so I’m surprised your shop was able to rebuild it.

Am I going down the wrong path by replacing rather than rebuilding the jack? Anyone have experience in taking these apart with success?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think I recall that some years ago someone took their jack to a hydraulic repair shop and had it repaired.
At one time I had a leak and determined that the leak was from a faulty banjo bolt. I got a new bolt, removed the old then found out my new banjo bolt was the wrong size and I couldn't use it. I put the original back in place and it hasn't leaked since. Go figure.
But probably the best fix would be a new jack.

Peace
Dave

Lou_and_Bette

Mine leaked at the connector and had the same symptoms you describe. Just had new hose made with correct connectors, make sure where the actual leakage is coming from.

Oregon_Camper

My middle jack was also leaking, so I had it replaced. I took that opportunity to create a YouTube video on the process of replacing the jack. If interested, you can view that video here.

Mugszy

Great info guys, thank you to all that replied as we continue to support each other through this forum.

As an update, my claim was approved for a replacement jack so just waiting on the new one to arrive and then see how the old jack is put together to determine if it can be rebuilt.

MTPockets

I have a leak at one of the middle jacks. You can see fluid around the bottom of the jack and pooling on the foot. This occurred while parked for a month.

Lippert indicated three is no seal kit for the jack so it was not repairable and that it needed to be replaced so I’m surprised your shop was able to rebuild it.

Am I going down the wrong path by replacing rather than rebuilding the jack? Anyone have experience in taking these apart with success?
A hydraulic repair shop can repair these. Price may be reason to replace instead of repair, but may be worth looking into.