Level Up leak - adding or replacing fluid

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have a leaking stabilizer leg that will be replaced soon. Since I know it’s been leaking, should I pull all hydraulics in and see if I need to add fluid, or, do I need to replace all the fluid with new? In either scenario, anyone have a recommended ATF? Note, we’ve already added the anti-stiction additive recommended by Lippert.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since you are there you might as well just change the ATF and add a quart of Caterpillar antistiction.
You will only get the ATF out if the reservoir.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

If the fluid is aging out, I agree with Dave. If not, you'll probably lose a small amount while changing the jack. At that point you can hook up the truck and retract everything to see how much to add. Dextron 6 ATF should be fine, but here's Lippert's list.

Lippert recommends:

1. Above Freezing
Note: Operation at air temperatures routinely above 0°C (32°F). *
A. Dexron 3/Mercon ATF
B. Mercon 5 ATF
C. Dexron 6 ATF
D. PetroBlend (Mason City, IA) PHO 0022S (synthetic group 3 base blend)
E. Bellman all temp 22 (Bremen, IN)
F. Or any ATF or hydraulic fluid with a pour point lower than -42°C (-45°F).
*Covers most initial OEM fills
2. Below Freezing
Note: Operation at air temperatures routinely below 0°C (32°F).
A. Mobil 1 full synthetic ATF
B. Royal Purple full synthetic ATF
C. Valvoline full synthetic ATF
D. Amzoil full synthetic ATF
E. PetroBlend (Mason City, IA) PHO 0022S (synthetic group 3 base blend)
F. Bellman all temp 22 (Bremen, IN)
G. Or any ATF or hydraulic fluid with a pour point lower than -42°C (-45°F)
H. Multivis (all temperature) iso 22 hydraulic fluid
I. Or any ATF or hydraulic

TravelTiger

Thanks all, I couldn’t find that list from Lippert.

We have a trip or two where we’re operating below freezing, but most of the time above. So I’ll probably go with replacing it all with one from list 1.

Oregon_Camper

Erika,

Are you replacing the jack own your own or having it done? I created a video to help people with this process. I have a professional doing the work in the video, but after seeing how simple it really is, I'd easily be able to do this on my own if ever needed again.

Here is the video:

https://youtu.be/ojHwfSHg2Ps

TravelTiger

Erika,

Are you replacing the jack own your own or having it done? I created a video to help people with this process. I have a professional doing the work in the video, but after seeing how simple it really is, I'd easily be able to do this on my own if ever needed again.

Here is the video:

https://youtu.be/ojHwfSHg2Ps

Thank you, this is perfect! Yes we will be going it ourselves.

Kandy

My Landmark 2011 Augusta 4 point leveling system has been kicking out the circuit breaker. We need a new Isolator Valve approximately 2.5-3" and 1/2" in diameter. Heartland said Lippert made them specifically for the Landmark and Lippert says they did not. No one at Lippert seems to know about the 4 point level system. The valve they wanted to send him was a lot larger than original.

Does anyone know where I could locate any parts for this 2011?

Thanks.

danemayer

Are you talking about the cartridge valve that controls flow of fluid to and from each landing jack?

If so, what does that have to do with tripping the breaker?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
My Landmark 2011 Augusta 4 point leveling system has been kicking out the circuit breaker. We need a new Isolator Valve approximately 2.5-3" and 1/2" in diameter. Heartland said Lippert made them specifically for the Landmark and Lippert says they did not. No one at Lippert seems to know about the 4 point level system. The valve they wanted to send him was a lot larger than original.

Does anyone know where I could locate any parts for this 2011?

Thanks.

I got the same story from Lippert. Bob Teige is the original developer of the Auto-Level system. He has recently gone back to work part time for Lippert as an “on the road Ambassador” or something like that. I’m going to try to get his phone number from Lippert. Our auto-level works once ever 20 tries. Everything works with the control manually so I can still level. Just almost always get “Function Disabled” when I press the Auto Level button.

Kandy

Thanks for trying to get the Lippert phone number for me.

Our repair guy says that it is the relief valve entering into the resevoir
Not sure why the breaker trips, but it does....everytime on leveling and slides.
I need to find the valve.

danemayer

It'll Re: Level Up leak - adding or replacing fluid

Thanks for trying to get the Lippert phone number for me.

Our repair guy says that it is the relief valve entering into the resevoir
Not sure why the breaker trips, but it does....everytime on leveling and slides.
I need to find the valve.

There may be a "relief valve entering the reservoir", but I've never heard of one. On our 2011 LM Rushmore, also 4 point, the 4 valves are located on the landing jacks. There are also 3 valves on an assembly attached to the pump, that are used by the slides. If you open any of those 7 valves manually, and operate the pump, fluid will flow to/from the target device, depending on which way the pump spins. I don't believe any other valve is involved.

If your only problem is tripping the breaker, take a look at our Hydraulic Slideout Starts and Stops user guide. It explains why this happens when using slides or landing gear and how to easily and quickly fix it yourself for perhaps $10.

Kandy

I got the same story from Lippert. Bob Teige is the original developer of the Auto-Level system. He has recently gone back to work part time for Lippert as an “on the road Ambassador” or something like that. I’m going to try to get his phone number from Lippert. Our auto-level works once ever 20 tries. Everything works with the control manually so I can still level. Just almost always get “Function Disabled” when I press the Auto Level button.

Gus: Thanks I appreciate it.