Level up not level

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I figured out the auto leve in our new 3760l , from what I have read, when one side of the coach is way too low and the wheels will leave the ground, you are not supposed to do that. I ran the coach up onto a 2x6 4 feet lang to bring it closer to side to side level. after the system said success! The coach is not level side to side. doors swing open, the computer desks slides shut, water in a container is way off showing the water on the door side as lower than the non door side. I have redone it several times and tried manual using a level then re setting again.
No joy. when I leveled our landmark without level up, the doors never swung open. I figure I must be doing something wrong. Somewhere I read that the front jacks should be slightly higher when starting the auto level. would this be the problem?

danemayer

Assuming you have the wheels not too far off level side to side, if when complete, the rig is not level, then you need to do a zero calibration. Manually level the rig and then follow instructions in the appropriate Lippert manual to zero calibrate. The "brain" will thereafter recognize that position as being level.

If zero calibrate doesn't hold, you might have a rear sensor moving around.

jbeletti

Don - once you figure out how to do the zero calibration, manually level the coach to "your level", then do the zero calibration. This may not be earth level, rather, what you want your level to be.

For example, some pitch their coach nearly imperceptibly to one side or corner so their AC condensate can be directed to run off where they want it. Others may pitch their coach so the water in the shower pitches toward the drain.

LevelUp doesn't judge. When working correctly, it will always level to what you set it to. That said, your coach can actually sink into non-hard surfaces a bit after leveling and LevelUp doesn't automatically correct for this after the settling. Though you can hit LevelUp again and it will fine-tune itself.

Hope you get it all figured out. It's an amazing feature.

Gary521

If you run into a situation where "level" puts one side wheels off the ground, it does not hurt anything. Check out some class A rigs, they have some wheels off the ground regularly.

Chainsaw

Thank you guys for the tips. when I get my hands on a manual I will do the zero calibration. I sat in on a few Level up seminars at goschen rallies and recall that term. Nobody ever spoke about how to do it.I think I will wait until I get the trailer home where I know it is level and do it there. We have one day left here so I can put up with that little unbalance. this trailer is really really nice.

Gary521

Here is a YouTube video that explains everything:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMStlSAv9D4

Chainsaw

Thank you for that link.
My outside controller does not look anything like that one, I have no on off switch and many of the other buttons they show. I also have a digital controller in the trailer.

danemayer

New coaches probably have the type of controls described here. Page 8 of the operators manual has the calibration instructions.