Level Up Problem - Can't get trailer off the truck

Thunderbolt

Had problems at the camp site which was very steep. Finally had to use manual mode. This afternoon when we got home, the extend/retract switch on our 2018 Cyclone would do nothing be make a click sound. I checked the display and it says, "Jacks Down Not Level". Battery level meter on the Level Up shows 12.9 volts. Originally the front jack light was flashing red. But after turning of the power to the trailer and checking all battery connections the red front jack light went out but the system says "Jacks down - Not Level". Now we found out the slides will not move either. They are on the same hydraulic system as the Level Up. Ideas? Can't get trailer off the truck....

Gaffer

Use a drill motor and the flexible extension that inserts into the top of the pump motor after checking the pumps fuse or circuit breaker.

richheck

Seasoned Member
If I remember correctly the system gets its 12 volt power from two sources, the panel and switches on one circuit (low amp) and power to the pump from a larger (high 50+ amp) breaker circuit. You can hear the click of the switch trying to supply the high amps to the pump but more than likely you have a popped 50 amp circuit breaker. Take a 12 volt test lead to the large terminal on the pump and check for voltage, small terminal will show power but lead side of large terminals will be null.

danemayer

12.9V DC is an unusual reading. Disconnect the umbilical from the truck, and unplug from shore power (if connected). Read it again.

Thunderbolt

Ok, a call to Lippert and the problem was solved. Turns out that the auto reset 50 amp breaker had died. Me, I traced the wire from the solenoid to the line of breakers to the wrong breaker. With some gentle guidance from Ken at Lippert, I found the correct breaker. Changed it and everything works. For those who have the 2018 Cyclone Model 4005, the breaker for the leveling system and slide outs in the very bottom one on the busbar. I have ordered two more from Amazon to carry in case of need. Thank you so much for all of your help. The new manual in the reference area help direct me to the correct area and solution. Once the breaker was replaced, all of the slide stopping, jacks stopping in the middle of their movement went away also.