Level Up shutting off

travlingman

My Level Up has worked fine until just recently. I had my rig getting some work done at my dealer and when I went to pick it up they were charging the batteries and said they had let them run down. Since then, whenever I have tried to raise the rear jacks, it will raise them part of the way and the system will shut off. I have to turn it on again to finish raising them, and sometimes it will shut down again before it finishes raising them and I will have to start it up a 3rd time.

Could this be related to my batteries?

avvidclif

How about they killed your batteries. Running them down to zero is not good which is probably what they did.

danemayer

If "system will shut off" means the Leveler Control Panel reboots, that is a symptom of inadequate power getting from battery to control panel.

Cycle the control panel to read battery voltage. On shore power it should be around 13.5V. If shore power is off for a few minutes, and tow vehicle disconnected, it should read around 12.6V.

I'd start by checking battery cells for water level. Check terminals are clean and tight. If that all looks good, take the battery to an auto parts store to be tested.

travlingman

If "system will shut off" means the Leveler Control Panel reboots, that is a symptom of inadequate power getting from battery to control panel.

Cycle the control panel to read battery voltage. On shore power it should be around 13.5V. If shore power is off for a few minutes, and tow vehicle disconnected, it should read around 12.6V.

I'd start by checking battery cells for water level. Check terminals are clean and tight. If that all looks good, take the battery to an auto parts store to be tested.

By shutting off I mean the control panel goes completely blank, like the power button has been hit to turn it off.

What do you mean by "cycle the control panel to read the voltage" and how do I do this?

danemayer

By shutting off I mean the control panel goes completely blank, like the power button has been hit to turn it off.

What do you mean by "cycle the control panel to read the voltage" and how do I do this?

The up and down arrows in the upper left corner of the control panel will cycle through the different functions of the controller. If I remember without looking, after turning the control panel ON, pressing the down arrow once will display the voltage.

travlingman

The up and down arrows in the upper left corner of the control panel will cycle through the different functions of the controller. If I remember without looking, after turning the control panel ON, pressing the down arrow once will display the voltage.

Thanks, I will give it a try in the morning.

travlingman

Measured 13.3 on shore power, 12.6 on battery after letting set unhooked for about 1 1/2 hours. Open up battery box and check connections and batteries when weather clears up some.