levelup does not hold level position

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
When we arrive at our location and autolevel, levelup says it is level. I check the front-back and side-side measurements just to make sure they are within 0 - .2. After a few days to a week, I check the measurements again because it doesn't feel level. It has moved to (right now) front-back +.8. The control panel indicates the unit is not level. We are parked on concrete.

Is this normal? Why does it move? How can it be prevented?

Thank you for your help.

SNOKING

When we arrive at our location and autolevel, levelup says it is level. I check the front-back and side-side measurements just to make sure they are within 0 - .2. After a few days to a week, I check the measurements again because it doesn't feel level. It has moved to (right now) front-back +.8. The control panel indicates the unit is not level. We are parked on concrete.

Is this normal? Why does it move? How can it be prevented?

Thank you for your help.

Sounds like you have a leaky seal or valve. I would put the truck back under it and cycle the jacks a few times and see if in clears the issue up. May just be a foriegn object in a valve seat. Chris

danemayer

Nancy,

Since you didn't mention finding any fluid leaking on the landing gear or under the trailer, I'll assume it's not due to a leak.

I'm going to guess that the front is dropping. If that's the case, it sounds like the valve that allows fluid flow to and from the landing gear is letting fluid leak through. I'm guessing the front because there's probably a single valve that controls fluid flow to both front landing gear. In the rear, there's a valve for the 2 jacks on each side. If one were leaking, I'd expect you'd be uneven side-to-side as well as front-to-rear.

You might check the setscrew in the valve assembly. Not sure which direction is which, but if slightly open, that could be the problem.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Mine does the same thing. Last year I had 2 jacks that had small leaks. So far this year no leaks.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Thank you Dan & Chris! I'll pass this on to Dave (he needs something to do) ;).
There is no leaking of fluid. Hopefully, this will fix it.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes probably a leak... hopefully internal
If it were me.
I would raise all legs and slides in and mark the level of the resavor with a sharpie.
Then set up with the auto level. Go around and Mark each leg with a sharpie at the very top of the leg where it goes into the ram. Then I'd make 1 more mark 1/4" or maybe a 1/2" down.
Then After it starts to settle you can look and see what set of legs are loosing hydraulic pressure.
There are 3 groups
#1- front legs
#2- left two rear legs
#3- right to rear legs
So if it's a leaking line or valve is Should only be 1 of the 3 set leaking.

After you find out which ones are leaking we can go on from there to solve your problem.

Hope this helps you.
Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Read a similar post on another forum and Lippert suggested adding an additive to the hydraulic fluid, check Lippert website for specifics. I think i saved the document and if you cannot find the info let me know and i will try to post it.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Nancy, I went to the Caterpillar shop and bought a quart of the CAT hydraulic oil additive #1U-9891. You may need to revive Dave when he sees the price (about $35/quart). I used a cheap turkey baster and removed a quart of fluid from the reservoir and added the additive. Exercise the slides and jacks a few times to stir it up. It made a huge difference in mine.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
f5e141cc2c8024075a8a7dc2dcf0735b.jpg

Here's the Cat additive. We added a quart as recommended (turkey baster-ing out a quart) before going to Alpine. I still hear our "noises" but not as bad. Maybe another quart is due?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldelmer1

Just be careful with that cheap turkey baster, if you squeeze it too hard trying to suck some fluid out, the end comes off and falls into the well.

Don't ask how I know.....