Lino in the kitchen floor

B. Lee

Firecapt422
We are on the road headed for the Pacific Northwest while in the kitchen Sharon noticed a lump under the lino. It is near the base of the cabinet and feels like a nail or screw head. Do you have good suggestion on how to set the nail or screw without putting a hole in the lino?

Thanks, Butch

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
How close to an edge is it? Can you work it to an edge using your finger? I think the lino is only glued down around the edge. Maybe you can push it to a heat vent and get it out from the vent. Good luck.

B. Lee

Firecapt422
Tom, it is about 4 inches from the cabinet base and about 3 inches from the floor vent. Thanks for the tip.

Butch

zztop

I had this problem in my home 10 years ago.. It was a screw coming out of the flooring under the vinyl. The installer just cut a small hole removed the screw and put glue in the hole, pushed it down, wiped the excess glue off and this is the first time since then I have even thought about it.

zz

Last edited by a moderator:

rogerlouden

I have the same problem in my 3950, there are 2 of them in the kitchen area. I haven't dealt with them yet but will have to very soon as they have almost worked their way threw the floor covering. Kinda hard on bare feet.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
If all else fails, you can try cutting into the vinyl at an angle toward the object on three sides. Yoiu then should be able to gently fold the cut piece back and remove whatever is creating the problem. Then you can glue the vinyk back down and the cut shouldn't be visible (except under extreme scrutiny). Be sure to use a very sharp razor knife and a metal straight edge to cut the vinyl so you get a real clean cut.

SilverRhino

I've had the opportunity through the years to repair vinyl floors with problems in stick houses. As was mentioned : "be sure to use a sharp razor blade".

A very good product for sealing the lifted piece back down in PolySeam Seal. This has been used by the pros for years and will make a nice tight, sealed repair with very easy cleanup.

Just my 2 cents!