Lippert hydraulic leveling system retracting unequally

Hello everyone, we own a 2013 Big Country and are having issues with our hydraulic landing gear. The door side leg does not retract or extend equally with the other side. This makes it impossible to safely hook up to our tow vehicle. I have read threads from other members with landing gear issues but they do not seem to have the same issue as we are having. I have blocked up the unit with concrete blocks placed beneath the frame and can retract the both legs with the blocks in place; however, the unit leans quite a to the side that is retracting first. I have checked for leaks and have not found any. Both legs do not appear to be bent so that does not seem to be the issue. But, the side that is not retracting appears to be sticking, at least that is the only explanation I can come up with. I have yet to contact Lippert but will be soon. Has anyone her experienced the same issue and if so how did you solve the problem.

Thanks in advance Frederick

danemayer

Hi Frederick,

The front landing gear share a single hydraulic line and control valve. So when you press the button to extend the landing gear, what usually happens is that one side extends until it touches the ground and encounters resistance. At that point, the other side extends until it touches the ground. With both touching the ground, they should both continue to extend at about the same rate.

The front landing gear are only intended to level the trailer front-to-rear, not side to side. If the side-to-side is off level, you need to use boards under the wheels on the low side to get the back of the trailer level side-to-side. The front will follow.