Lippert Recall for Axle Welds on some Landmark Units

bking

Is this recall related to the one I received in February from Heartland regarding the Ryde-Mor suspension system? I just had our Golden Gate to the dealer and Ryde-Mor in Elkhart to add some suspension bracing afrom side to side in front and behind the axles. Just curious.

slaytop

Would someone offer to show a few photos of the extra bracing? I'm getting a small amount of sidewall rub when I turn sharply as the tire rubs against the square drive shaft of the slideout. Does this modification prevent any side to side flex?

Midastouch

suspension bracing ...

We are headed to the dealer in Knoxville for that very thing this week ... thought we'd take a little vacation during this time since we had to cancel out of the Rally this year:(

gawelsh

George will take some pics this weekend and try to post them for you....he's impressed with the added braces.

chiliS

axle

We lost an axle on our 3055 BH last August. Now thanks to this forum I have found out that the other axle is one of the recalled axles. Our dealer has said that they know nothing about the recall, but we have taken the unit in anyway. Thanks to all for the information.

Jack Sims

Just because you did not get a letter from Heartland, do not assume you are not affected by their recalls or TSB's. I had a problem with a 2006 Grand Canyon with the Mor Ride suspension and was supposed to have gotten notified by Heartland. I did not receive any notification and it was only through this forum that I had mine looked at by my dealer and found the extra structural supports had not been installed. Again, do not assume that just because you did not get notified by Heartland you are OK. Look for yourself or take it back to your dealer to have them look at.

Chuck

Lippert Axle Recall

We have a 2007 Bighorn 3055RL and haven't received a recall notice. I've been reading the posts and am confused as to which serial number to look for. Is it the unit s/r or axle? Also, where do I find out what serial numbers were recalled?
Thanks,
Chuck

jpmorgan37

Chuck;

Here is one thread: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=2148&highlight=bighorn+recall

Also, go up in this thread and look at post #3.

John

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Jack is right on this one. I have a 2005 Grand Canyon and that the spring shackles and wheels were rolling under the fiver by accident while in South Dakota. Limped to R.V. Capitol in Elkhart and Lippert did the repair. Ate up four new tires before the problem was found. Everyone should check and make sure the shackles are striaght up and down like they should be. Also that they are braced with channel iron.
P.S. did not recieve any notice from factory and my unit was not included it the recall.