lipperts level up 6 point levelers acting strange

Hello new to group. been rving for awhile and just recently bought a 2018 heartland 32rs fifth wheel. noticed when I go to unhitch from truck that the landing gear only operates one at a time and the kitchen slide starts to open up. I'm pretty sure this is not how this is supposed to operate. Also when i try to operate the jacks in manual both my slides will open up and prevent me from operating jacks. the dealer I got this from states that they never seen this before but its normal. any help would be appreciated.

Dahillbilly

no normal you have a valver that's opening up / stuck when its suppose to be closed. Others will add in good luck

danemayer

The front landing gear are connected and the one with least resistance moves first. When it contacts the ground, the other can move.

The kitchen slide opens at the same time because the same pump pushes fluid for the landing gear and for that slide (and perhaps others). When you press the switch to operate any hydraulic device, the pump pushes (or retracts) the ram for that device. But, a control valve must also open to allow the fluid to move. The valve for your kitchen slide is stuck partially open, allowing fluid to move anytime the pump operates.

It may be that someone manually opened the valve and didn't close it. Or there could be crud in the valve, or sticky fluid. But the first thing to check is the valve control knob/setscrew. If you locate the hydraulic pump and tank, nearby you'll probably find 2 thumb controls. Hydraulic hoses are plumbed to those controls, so trace the hoses. I think finger-tight counter-clockwise is the close position. When manually closed, the valve will open and close electrically when a switch is pushed.

well I checked the solenoid valve that controls the slides and it was open so I closed the valve. now the level system works like it should and slides don't more but now i cant open slides i can hear pump run but no movement so I'm guessing i have a bad solenoid

danemayer

well I checked the solenoid valve that controls the slides and it was open so I closed the valve. now the level system works like it should and slides don't more but now i cant open slides i can hear pump run but no movement so I'm guessing i have a bad solenoid
1. Did the slides operate previously?
2. Does one switch operate a single slide, or more than one slide?
3. Do none of the slides now operate?

danemayer

It sounds like with the valve partially open, when operating the slideout switch, the pump would run and fluid would pass through the partially open valve. And when the pump operated to move the landing gear, fluid would also go through the partially open valve, moving the slide with least resistance.

Before buying a new valve, you should check that the valve is getting power when the switch is operated. Should be 12V DC, or -12V DC, depending on which way the switch is pressed. If no power at the valve, carefully pull the switch away from the wall and use your phone to take a picture of the wiring on the backside. If wires come off, the picture will help you get things back in place. The switch should be passing 12V to both pump and valve. Since the slides used to operate, the pump side must be getting power. But perhaps the valve side isn't.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you see a black knob on your solenoid activated valve, the black knobs need to be open. Counterclockwise.
There are Allen screws on the solenoid activated valve that need to be closed. Counterclockwise.
You may be turning the wrong valve which would turn off fluid to the hydraulic cylinders if you closed the black knob. That would explain why the slides do not move now.

Peace
Dave

Thanks again for the responses I only turned the Allen head screw counterclockwise did not touch the black knobs need someone to help check vdc but that will be next weekend. Thanks again

CoveredWagon

What about the valves the let you operated each slide separately, the two knobs located on a small piece of aluminum.. The both need to be open. Sorry I don't have a picture.

Again thanks for the help not sure about the valves on small aluminum piece don't see them but did test solenoid I have 9.7 vdc both way I supplied 12 volts constantly to it and got the slides to open and close. Tested the switch and have 13 plus volts to switch but again at solenoid only get 9 volts so guess now have a ground or wiri g problem