Living Rm Slides - Garage Control Button

FL-JOE

Our 2021 4006 has two obvious ways to deploy and main living room slides. One way is the control touch pad and the other way is a marked switch just inside the garage door on the ceiling along with other switches (awnings, lights, etc.). We tried using the garage switch when we initially purchased the unit in Texas but it didn't make the slide rooms move so we have been using the control pad since that time.

The problem with doing it this way is one person has to stay inside and the other person has to put the main steps in and close the door. Then after the slides are in the outside person has to open the door and let the steps down so the inside person can get out. The obvious issue is this always is a two person operation. My question is are we not doing something correctly to activate the garage slide switch? Or is my garage slide room switch just not functioning?

FL-JOE

Not that I received any replies, but I experimented around on the road today and figured it out. The touch pad control panel has to be unlocked to activate the garage slide room switch. I guess they do that so kids or anyone else doesn't hit it by mistake and run the slides in while camped. However, when getting to a site you can enter through the garage and run the slides out using the garage switch without first unlocking the touch pad panel.

Lippert probably designed all of this correctly because based on what I have observed from Heartland they would have have figured all of this out.