Living Room Slide 'popped' and now won't travel straight.

CindyB

Just as we were turning the slides out to unload from vacation, I heard a "pop, pop, pop" and realized something was jamming the LR slide. Sure enough. A drawer under the refrigerator had come out during travel and was blocking the slide on one end. We brought the slide back in, removed the offending drawer that was now broken and continued to open the slide. On the side that was caught, it would not open completely, leaving about a 2-3 inch gap to the seal. We tried running it in and out several times and on the injured side, it would pop every time and would not travel correctly without manual assistance, i.e., forcefully shoving it into place. It's now sitting there closed, not fixed while we scratch our heads and wonder if we should call a repair service.

Thoughts and comments? Really hope we don't have an expensive repair on our hands.

Thanks, everyone.

Cindy

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Hi Cindy
I assume it's a Hydraulic slide.
Hopefully you can just re time it from underneath.. there is a cross bar the keeps both sides of the slide moving in and out evenly..
I'll show you in a few post from my phone.

Hopefully you didn't brake any teeth on the gear.

Put the slide half way out then go underneath and remove the small 1/4" bolt from one end of the cross bar. 2 - 7/16" wrenches.

With that bolt removed run the slide in or out with the switch to make both sides exactly the same distance from the RV outer wall. Measure both ends in the same place. Once they match put that little bolt back in. You might need to turn the bar a little bit to get the hole to line up.

Check your gears for broken teeth to while your under there.

You may have to do the 1 or 2 times to get it right again.

You can call me if you have any questions

Jerrod
209-923-3207
49296afce9188586510b239682578cff.jpg
f87dc4e583b0c7613fc44f903ce04561.jpg
fba8354d8ed3b60eff406b808f146d47.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

kowAlski631

When you're looking at the gears, look for anything that can impede its operating. A lego was stuck in ours once. Also, ours has molding below the refrigerator that was not clearing a heat vent after the lego incident. Check that too. Good luck.

jnspenc

BigSpenc
My slide rolls out but starts popping in a certain point on the guide bars. I also have hydrolic bar that pushes and pulls slide. Can’t figure out why the popping sound. Please help......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lou_and_Bette

For those of you that are having “popping” issues when you operate your slides, be sure to check the cogs because they may have missing or broken. Ours had been doing something similar pretty much since it was new in 2015. This year, while setting up, of course in the rain, in Watkins Glen, kitchen slide made really loud pop and then became all catty-wampus. A check revealed we had one gear that had a partially broken tooth and one that had 2 broken teeth. Replaced the gears and all was well. I will attach photos of the gears and take note of the rust on the gears. This was 2 days after the incident when the replacement gears came in from Amazon. So, apparently they had been in this state for quite a while since there was NO evidence of recent break.

1862588A-7E78-4A5B-98E7-8F9E71A079A4.jpg5AB9101A-5EB6-421B-B764-C8DFBA9F8F92.jpg