Looking at a trailer

Greetings,

New to the forum.

We are looking at a 2018 Heartland Sundance Ultra Light 241BH.

Can anyone comment on the quality of this unit?

Is it four seasons?

It is used but VERY clean.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Curt

jimtoo

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Heartland unit.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi fishslayer7,

4 Season is relative. Will you winter in the Florida Keys, or North Dakota? You'll probably be ok in the Keys. Not so much in North Dakota.

Any ultralight will have lesser insulation values in walls, floor and ceiling, if you'll be in a sub-freezing climate, you'll have the furnace running a lot and you'll be using a lot of propane to keep the living space warm.

Keeping water running is very different and you may have to do a lot of extra things depending on how cold it gets. Take a look at our owner-written Water Systems Winter Usage Guide.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The Sundance line is not designed for full time living, it is more of a recreational trailer. That said, you can make some modifications to make it work in various weather conditions. However, the fridge size, limited storage, and smaller holding tanks may "cramp your style" if you want to use it to live in full time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox

In line with the "relativity" of these units ...

my sister/ BIL have a great time in one of those tiny tear drop units (Southern Calif) while I agonize over cold weather in lower Alabama.

From her isolated forested camping spot (last week) she believes she felt the earth tremors.

Brenn

What we did when searching both our RV’s were first go look up all the recalls on them, if any. Research all that it is suppose to have pertaining to seasons. Not all RV’s are made for 4 seasons. Check warranty and the place you may get it, check their reviews. This is a start for you. Hope this helps.
Brenn