Lost power

We have our Landmark Savannah parked at a site with 30amp power. When we left to go home, all we left running was the residential fridge. When we returned, there was NO power at all in the trailer. The breakers did not trip and were both in the on position. I turned the breakers off, then back on and everything started working again. I have no idea as to what had happened. Any ideas from anyone out there?

danemayer

I'm assuming the breakers you flipped on and off were inside the coach, in the main circuit breaker panel.

When shore power was lost, your refrigerator transfer switch kicked over to use battery power until the batteries were discharged (btw, you probably now need to get those batteries load tested to see if they're still working ok after being completely discharged).

As for the breakers, sometimes they may appear to be in the ON position after tripping. So they may have tripped. Why? One slim possibility is a problem with incoming power. The pedestal and 30-->50 adapter are the prime candidates. If they check out ok, other places to check for clean/tight wire connections: backside of the circuit breaker panel 50 amp breakers, transfer switch connections, power cord reel connections and contacts.

Another possibility is a nearby lightning strike. Do you have an EMS device protecting the coach?

It was actually the outside(pole) breaker that I flicked off/on. The 12v switch for the fridge needs to be manually turned on. The coach batteries still showed 100% power. We do have a built in surge protector. I did speak with the site owners, and they told me that there were no issues with their power either.

FLOYD PHILBROOK

Nevada Chapter Leader
The same thing happen to my landmark and i had to replace transfer switch for the inverter. The cheapest price i found was Boat and RV accessories. Floyd

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
A multimeter can show you if current is flowing. Just be very careful around 120volt electricity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Before doing anything else, check to make sure everything else on 120V inside the coach is working correctly. All A/C units, ceiling fan, fireplace, microwave, check several outlets in different areas by plugging in a know working device.

There could just be a problem with the campground pedestal where you're only getting 1 power leg.

Also, if you end up getting a servicer involved, the block diagram in our Residential Refrigerator Guide might be helpful to them.

Before doing anything else, check to make sure everything else on 120V inside the coach is working correctly. All A/C units, ceiling fan, fireplace, microwave, check several outlets in different areas by plugging in a know working device.

There could just be a problem with the campground pedestal where you're only getting 1 power leg.

Also, if you end up getting a servicer involved, the block diagram in our Residential Refrigerator Guide might be helpful to them.

I will try these different things first. Thank you ALL for your suggestions.

bobw

Before you spend any money I'd first have the campground replace the 30 amp breaker on their shore power, I'd bet that it's problem.

SNOKING

30 AMP. Single leg.

mlpeloquin

Make sure all your power connections are tight. Had the same thing with a power post breaker and it turned out to be a loose neutral in the power real. Could be in a transfer switch or at the breaker box. Just unplug and make sure no generator on. Check to make sure all connections are tight. Several have found loose connections. I did.

danemayer

30 AMP. Single leg.

Yep. On 30 amp, you usually have have power to everything or nothing. But if you didn't have the inverter turned on, that would explain why the fridge was off and batteries were still at 100%, although they should have been down a little from the propane alarm, if nothing else.

Why did the campground 30 amp breaker trip? If it's never happened elsewhere, the most likely answer is something external.