Lots of issues at final walk-thru. Normal?

wdk450

Thanks again. The hydraulic is just scary to me. I was envisioning us setting up and the rv crashing down in the front after detaching from the hitch. :b

I will stay on top of them, we were mostly waiting for them to call but the squeaky wheel does get greased.

To put your mind at ease, buy a pair of jackstands and add them to your tools stash (you should already have a jack). Put the jackstands under the frame when you setup for the night and you will sleep better. Hydraulics usually don't come crashing down - rather they slowly leak down.

Mea_Dow

I finally got my rv delivered today! I was excitedly showing my Mother-in-law all the features and we lifted up the lid to the commode and there was tea colored, MOLDY, urine in the toilet bowl and it smelled bad.

It looked like it had been peed in several times and evaporated or something similar. There are several nasty urine rings.

I called the service department manager and he blamed it on my delivery driver. The driver didn't have access to the rv and both sets of locks were locks locked upon delivery and the keys were in my possession.

I am beyond disgusted. This dealership has been very accommodating in fixing things I have requested but they have also lied to my face and claimed different things under warranty vs what they told me was wrong, they took excessive amounts if time to repair things and lied repeatedly.

Any suggestions?

I don't think Heartland would appreciate knowing that their customers new RV's are treated like this and it reflects back on Heartland because they are an authorized dealer and repair facility.

I am "****ed" we had no intention of hooking our rv up to any facilities for at least 3 weeks. I had to carry buckets of water into my brand new rv to flush and scrub out someone else's urine. Disgusting. I paid $50k, I should be the first to pee in it.

Remember, I purchased this rv in mid-October and we just now got to bring it home. It was ready for pick-up last Thursday to be fair but that's still ridiculous.

Service had our rv waiting for weeks for a lp outside kitchen connection hose and no one knew what it was. They could have mailed that to us! We thought it was for a lp recall to be fixed, so we definitely wanted that corrected. We couldn't get straight answers from anyone.

Who do I complain to about this urine situation? Would Heartland reprimand them? I don't feel like I purchased a new rv. Especially after someone else marks their territory and left it sitting there to mold and for me to find. Ugh.

Westwind

Thats is your dealers fault - they should have checked that FW before they delivered it to you, everything on it and cleaned it up, especially after all the work that had to be done to it. Sounds like a very unprofessional bunch.

danemayer

I'm wondering if some family was looking at the unit before you bought it and one of the kids had to go. Whoever did it could have flushed, which makes me wonder if it might have been a child. Gross? You bet!

You could call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Have your VIN # ready. Ask for the Sales guy who handles your area and let them know how you feel about the dealer's performance. You might want to separate out what you know for a fact versus what you suspect. I don't think there's anything wrong with mentioning suspicions, as long as you don't mix them with the factual claims.

Beyond that, I'd suggest you give yourself a chance to cool down before deciding whether to burn bridges with this dealer. Depending on what other service options you have, you might end up seeing them again in the future.