Loved the RV living

Draco Dog

My husband of 35 years passed away last week. Ernie loved camping and RVing. We had been full-timers for 5 years. Then Ern contracted cancer and within a year he passed. MY QUESTON: We have a 38' Big Horn that we both love. The Big Horn is now in a CRA RV campground in Needles, CA. I have moved to Fort Worth, Texas to be close to my daughter and her family. BIGGEST QUESTION: Does anyone have knowledge of the best way to get my Big Horn from Needles to Fort Worth? I have never pulled the RV myself and the mileage is close to 2,000 miles. Any help would be so much appreciated. Thank you, Cheri

GOTTOYS

Sorry for your loss. Mapquest shows that at just over 1100 miles. I would suggest going to one of the RV dealers in your area. They should be able to recommend someone. Don't be afraid to shop for the best price and make sure the hauler is insured. Good luck...Don

wdk450

Gang:
I have been thinking about this lady's problem, and have some ideas. Does anybody know of any fifth wheel manufacturers in Texas? They might have delivery tows going to California, normally deadheading back to Texas, and would LOVE to have a paying tow on the return trip.

Even the delivery services in Elkhart might be interested in doing this to recoup some deadhead expenses. An internet search can easily get you the names of the RV transport companies in Elkhart.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
So sorry for your loss. I can't add any ideas to the transportation, but we are thinking of you and hope you are OK.
Kristy

Sunset4k

Cheri, we are so sorry for your loss. We live North if Fort Worth. Where is Needles CA???

Last edited:

Peteandsharon

Cheri,

I think the suggestions above are good. Your local dealer should be able to help connect you with reputable transport companies. But how about this: Is there a family member of close friend who can follow up on this for you? I hate that you have to deal with something like this so close to the passing of your DH. I guess there are always details that you need to address but your most important job right now is to start the healing process. God bless you and we will pray for you.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just a guess, but if you have Good Sam Travel Assist, would they be of any assistance? This is the emergency medical plan, not the road service one.

Draco Dog

I do have the Good Sam Travel Assist. policy. Unfortunately, our trlr is licensed in Oregon, parked in California and I need it in Texas. Good Sam will only transport "back-home" to Oregon. It would be my responsibility to get the trailer to Texas. So---no help.