Low Voltage Electrical Humor

LBR

While boondocking in our Quartzsite secret spot, I've been busy installing our new 400 Ah Lithium batteries, Victron BMS, and now ready to install the 3000W inverter.

While scanning FB with a cup of coffee, seen this low voltage humor....had to share!...lol
d7225044fb97e2d0816c9cffd6933931.jpg

jbeletti

While boondocking in our Quartzsite secret spot, I've been busy installing our new 400 Ah Lithium batteries, Victron BMS, and now ready to install the 3000W inverter.

While scanning FB with a cup of coffee, seen this low voltage humor....had to share!...lol

Funny!

Hey, I'm interested in what panels, batteries and inverter you went with. I am planning a small system now.

DougS

Doug S
I would disconnect the batteries and check you wiring, looks like you have a glowing red nut. Are you sure you connected the wires right? You also say that’s a ground bar in your picture, I would question if that was a ground bar.

LBR

I would disconnect the batteries and check you wiring, looks like you have a glowing red nut. Are you sure you connected the wires right? You also say that’s a ground bar in your picture, I would question if that was a ground bar.
Please read post 1.

BLR

That's hilarious..

Thanks for the laugh. DH..
I almost spit my coffee on one of the cats

Sent from BLR Logistics

carl.swoyer

d7225044fb97e2d0816c9cffd6933931.jpg
LBR,
SMOKING HOT
LOL

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

LBR

Funny!

Hey, I'm interested in what panels, batteries and inverter you went with. I am planning a small system now.

The solar project will be this next fall...shooting for approx 1000W at this time.

I chose to use 2-200Ah Lifeblue batteries and the Victron BMV-712 Smart monitor....it was quite a step above the console battery level leds and reading voltage from levelup in outside compartment...lol. By the time solar project happens, I'll know if I wish to add one more 200Ah battery in the bank.

These batteries are BT as is the Victron...have been working on changing from wet cell/agm to all lithium settings. Getting close to having everything synced up exactly....been a very fun project installing and dialing them together.

Because the batteries are BT, you can see exactly what is happening to each one along with seeing the 4 individual cell activities.

I'm not 100% proud of my inverter choice, but picked up one at the Q RV show last week to get us going...brand is CNBOU (coughcough). If not happy with it, will upgrade brands next year and sell this one.

jbeletti

The solar project will be this next fall...shooting for approx 1000W at this time.

I chose to use 2-200Ah Lifeblue batteries and the Victron BMV-712 Smart monitor....it was quite a step above the console battery level leds and reading voltage from levelup in outside compartment...lol. By the time solar project happens, I'll know if I wish to add one more 200Ah battery in the bank.

These batteries are BT as is the Victron...have been working on changing from wet cell/agm to all lithium settings. Getting close to having everything synced up exactly....been a very fun project installing and dialing them together.

Because the batteries are BT, you can see exactly what is happening to each one along with seeing the 4 individual cell activities.

I'm not 100% proud of my inverter choice, but picked up one at the Q RV show last week to get us going...brand is CNBOU (coughcough). If not happy with it, will upgrade brands next year and sell this one.

Wow - nice! If you haven't already done so, please create a Solar Build thread in the solar area of this forum. List the gear your using, attach images and a narrative.

I have the BMV-712 in my current Landmark. I am letting it go with the coach but I enjoyed it the short time I used it.

On the new coach, I am planning for some solar and am leaning towards:
- Maybe 2 140 watt panels (we don't boondock so the need isn't as great)
- Victron or other brand solar charge controller
- Victron MultiPlus 12/3000/120 Inverter/Charger
- 4 Battle Born 100 ah LiFePo4 batts

I will take my own advice and start a Solar Build thread in the solar area for this :)

*Some of my gear will be sponsored so I may not have a choice on brands I will use

LBR

Wow - nice! If you haven't already done so, please create a Solar Build thread in the solar area of this forum. List the gear your using, attach images and a narrative.

I have the BMV-712 in my current Landmark. I am letting it go with the coach but I enjoyed it the short time I used it.

On the new coach, I am planning for some solar and am leaning towards:
- Maybe 2 140 watt panels (we don't boondock so the need isn't as great)
- Victron or other brand solar charge controller
- Victron MultiPlus 12/3000/120 Inverter/Charger
- 4 Battle Born 100 ah LiFePo4 batts

I will take my own advice and start a Solar Build thread in the solar area for this :)

*Some of my gear will be sponsored so I may not have a choice on brands I will use

Will do, Jim....I may start a build thread to incorporate all of the electrical components now and future. Will need to snap some photos of everything.

I can already vouch for the lithium batteries.

Before, after 6 hours sleeping would always wear the original Interstate batteries down so far that the residential refrigerator's 1000W inverter would drop below 11.3 Volts on fridge startup... inverter started squealing at 3-4 AM.

Now, after sleeping 8 hours with refrigerator use, the battery bank SoC is ~80% at 13.2V....happy campers here!

jbeletti

Will do, Jim....I may start a build thread to incorporate all of the electrical components now and future. Will need to snap some photos of everything.

I can already vouch for the lithium batteries.

Before, after 6 hours sleeping would always wear the original Interstate batteries down so far that the residential refrigerator's 1000W inverter would drop below 11.3 Volts on fridge startup... inverter started squealing at 3-4 AM.

Now, after sleeping 8 hours with refrigerator use, the battery bank SoC is ~80% at 13.2V....happy campers here!

Looking forward to your thread. It's great we're all able to share what we're doing with others here on the forum in what we try to keep as a fun, informative and friendly forum.

Great report on the SOC after your off-grid overnight. We both use CPAPs with humidifiers. Those can be a battery killer based on what they need for 8 hours x 2 people.

LBR

Did LiFEBlue change how the BT works or how the APP interprets the data? Originally you could see the data, but would have to switch to each battery individually.

Yes, each battery is a separate view...one at a time, of course. That is a main reason that I wanted the Victron Smart is to view the entire battery bank (2 - 200A batteries, whoopee!..haha).

What is interesting is the enclosed instructions show to pull all battery positives to a common lug, same with negatives, then disperse to the loads....rather than to daisy-chain the batteries together and pull one feeder from first battery and the other feeder from last battery of the bank. I assumed daisy-chaining may booger up the BT readings, emailed Larry about it, and he said either way is fine for the LiFEblues. I daisy-chained them like most recommend here doing....(much easier and cleaner!)
9b18b7e0c3caa58c94e2051102704fd5.jpg
6027a198656fc12881a400c32ebe2b98.jpg
fef3b019baba0f4e5c200990d8e2a866.jpg