LP use for my water heater

smesack

I just got a Big Country 3360 SS and I cant see how I use propane for the water heater. Any suggestions from more seasoned owners?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I just got a Big Country 3360 SS and I cant see how I use propane for the water heater. Any suggestions from more seasoned owners?

They’ve probably changed the control panels since our BH, but there should be a small rocker switch that says Water Heater and has a small red LED. Turn it on and the LED lights. The water heater will attempt to fire up three times until it lights or times out. You will be able to hear it. If it lights, the red LED will stay on. Normally, lighting a burner on the stove for a minute or so is needed to clear air from the propane lines if the gas has been off for any length of time before attempting to light the water heater.

The switch was part of the holding tank level/battery charge indicator panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_2724.JPG
    IMG_2724.JPG
    349 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

thewanderingeight

On both of the RV's I have owned, there were two rocker switches for the water heater. One switch said electric, the other said propane. As John mentioned above, if you haven't used that feature for a while (or ever), it may take a few cycles to get the propane flowing through the line properly. If you turn the propane rocker on, you should be able to hear the water heater clicking as it tries to light the flame.

Hollandt

They’ve probably changed the control panels since our BH, but there should be a small rocker switch that says Water Heater and has a small red LED. Turn it on and the LED lights. The water heater will attempt to fire up three times until it lights or times out. You will be able to hear it. If it lights, the red LED will stay on. Normally, lighting a burner on the stove for a minute or so is needed to clear air from the propane lines if the gas has been off for any length of time before attempting to light the water heater.

The switch was part of the holding tank level/battery charge indicator panel.

On both the RVs I have owned the red light would only be on after the initial start up if the HW heater failed to light. The light would go out if it was successful. Also some HW heaters have the electric element switch inside the panel out side.

smesack

I have two switches for the water heater. One says 120V and the other says 12V. I dont have one that says LP.

NYSUPstater

12v is propane. We as well have a '18 3560SS w/ 2 switches on panel. Use above method on bleeding the lines 1st. If at all possible tho, use 120v to save gas unless boon docking. Make sure water tank is full before using either one.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
On both the RVs I have owned the red light would only be on after the initial start up if the HW heater failed to light. The light would go out if it was successful. Also some HW heaters have the electric element switch inside the panel out side.

Mine was the opposite. If the water heater was running on propane, the indicator stayed lit. If it failed the three attempts to light, it went out.