lug nut torque ??

Bobby A

I really must be getting old, I use to remember torque values off the top of my head, not no more. Can someone tell me what the torque on lug nuts please?? 7K axles G614 tires and of course I can't remember how many lug nuts. Thank you

sengli

I just went thru this same thing. My last three heartland fivers had dexter axles and had 9/16-18 lug nuts(8) per wheel. I found this chart out on the web.
Hardware Bolt or Stud SizeTypical Torque Range in Ft/LbsMinimum Number of Turns of Hardware Engagement
14 x 1.25 mm85 - 909
7/16 in.70 - 809
1/2 in.75 - 858
9/16 in.135 - 1458

wdk450

I wrote down the pertinent suspension torque numbers (lugnuts, spring U bolts, spring/equalizer bolts) on a file card that I keep inside the torque wrench box.

Bobby A

Thank you all for the quick response, I do think mine are the 9/16 @ 135 to 145 FP as sengli's chart indicates, I was looking through my parts bin today and came across a box of 9/16 Deplex acorn stainless steel lug nuts. Yes, if you could share that info Bill, my file index card with all the torque values ( in my brain) as gotten waterlogged!! LOL Thanks again everybody. BTW my axles are Lippert
Bobby A

Bobby A

Correction, not that I don't value everyone's opinion. I stumbled upon a phone number to Lippert customer care, while I was having my afternoon coffee I decided to see if I could get through to someone to ask a question. I was on hold for maybe 5 minutes and got through to someone in axle and chassic. I told him I had 7K axle 8 lugs and wondered what the torque was. He asked me the stud size and I told him 9/16th he came back a minute or two later and told me it was 120 to 130 FP. I figured I would pass this along. thanks everyone, this forum is awesome, people helping people.

mlpeloquin

The torque is based on steal rims or aluminum rims. So be careful. If you have a steal rim spare, you need to get the proper torque for it as well. I had this, but did not save the information.