M231 Emergency Window

Dashby816

Recently acquired 2016 M231 Mallard Travel Trailer. Can not get Emergency Window to Open. Step 2 of the window Instruction Sticker says to. " Push Down on Black Window Latch". Can not locate a latch. Have reached out to Heartland for a response; still waiting

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Can you post a picture of the inside of the showing the entire window?

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know about a black window handle but if you open the window with the red handle and push it out that is the last step in the instructions before hopping out.

Peace
Dave

Lou_and_Bette

The “black window latch” is referring to the bracket holding the red handle in place. Disengage the red handle, straighten the handle rod until it is 90* to window, push outward and engage notch in red handle in edge of window to hold it open if just getting ventilation. Push all the way out if egressing trailer. To retract, lift slightly on handle to disengage from notch, close window, and return red handle to bracket

danemayer

I don't have one like yours, but it looks to me like the instructions would be followed as illustrated below.

Emergency Window Open.jpg

Dashby816

Recently acquired 2016 M231 Mallard Travel Trailer. Can not get Emergency Window to Open. Step 2 of the window Instruction Sticker says to. " Push Down on Black Window Latch". Can not locate a latch. Have reached out to Heartland for a response; still waiting
Thank you everyone who replied to my post regarding opening the Emergency Window. I discovered the resistance to open was the rubber seal stuck to the window glass. I gently kept exerting outward pressure in one area and the glass broke free. I wiped the seal down with Silicone to reduce future sticking.