Magnum Remote Switch

TexasUltra

Located in the control panel, I can not remember what this switch is for. :confused:

Thanks in advance for your replies,

Gerald

Attachments

• IMG_9132.jpg
    IMG_9132.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 25

danemayer

I guess I'm not sure when it should be ON and when it should be in the OFF position.
Can you give me some instances when it's on or off?

Signed,
clueless ;)
If you want the refrigerator to run when you are not on shore power, the inverter must be ON.

If you are plugged into shore power, you may want to leave the inverter ON anyway because if there is a power outage, inverter power from the batteries will automatically take over and keep the refrigerator running until power is restored.

TexasUltra

If you want the refrigerator to run when you are not on shore power, the inverter must be ON.

If you are plugged into shore power, you may want to leave the inverter ON anyway because if there is a power outage, inverter power from the batteries will automatically take over and keep the refrigerator running until power is restored.

Thanks, that makes sense. Appreciate it.

Signed,
clueless no more :D (at least about this)

Dmetcalf

I just leave mine in the on position all of the time. One less thing to need to think about. But.... make sure the gfi isn’t kicked out on the inverter plug going to the fridge ....

edroy

Re: Magnum Remote Switch and Magnum CSW‑TS15 transfer switch

I have a 2016 Bighorn and I'm having a refrigerator issue.

The Frigidaire seems to have power only when the inverter is powered up... when the green light is illuminated on the Magnum Remote switch. When I plug the refrigerator into power from another outlet, like on the kitchen island, it runs just fine without interruption. I have changed the control board in the refrigerator to no avail and I've also changed the inverter. I now suspect that I may have a faulty transfer switch (Magnum CSW-TS15).

Any insight would be appreciated... I do like having a functioning refrigerator! :)

Ed

danemayer

Check the circuit breaker that supplies power to the transfer switch.

If good, trace power back from transfer switch to junction box.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

edroy

Thanks Dan... I will definitely try this. Also, I found a replacement switch on-line for $42 so I ordered it ... just in case.