Mallard m210rb

Retlaw

Recently make a trip from Las Vegas to Nebraska with my new Mallard 210rb on interstates 15/80. When I got to Nebraska, I found the the small convertible couch in the slide out had come dislodged from the wall pulling out the wood screws used to keep it secure. I also found the couch coming apart with the same problem of wood screws pulling out. I'm told it will take 3 months to get an appointment and questionable whether the company will stand behind it, as the warranty is about to expire.

Company will not help with advise on how to properly repair this problem. Their only answer is take it to a dealer.

It is obvious this camper had a very rough ride.

I could use some advise how to repair this problem. I also need to get this unit to a softer ride.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I would contact tree furniture company and make a claim on the couch. Just because the warranty is about to expire doesn't mean it's not covered today.
You might think about contacting Heartland and ask about a claim now before your warranty expires.

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

david-steph2018

Like stated contact Heartland and get a paperwork trail started. You will need some really good pics and have the last 6 of your VIN when you call.

Recently make a trip from Las Vegas to Nebraska with my new Mallard 210rb on interstates 15/80. When I got to Nebraska, I found the the small convertible couch in the slide out had come dislodged from the wall pulling out the wood screws used to keep it secure. I also found the couch coming apart with the same problem of wood screws pulling out. I'm told it will take 3 months to get an appointment and questionable whether the company will stand behind it, as the warranty is about to expire.

Company will not help with advise on how to properly repair this problem. Their only answer is take it to a dealer.

It is obvious this camper had a very rough ride.

I could use some advise how to repair this problem. I also need to get this unit to a softer ride.
I had the same problem on my 2024 . I was bringing it home from the dealer after buying it brand new. I drove about 100 miles all easy highway miles. The couch had broken off from the two L shaped braces that hold it to the floor. The L braces were very small and the screws were small. I was able to get bigger stronger braces and I put two on each side instead of one on each side . I also used beefier screws, but was careful to make sure they were the correct depth in relation to the thickness of the wood they were screwed into. This is winter time here so I will find out if this works in the spring when I go camping again? It should work?