Mallard M28 Mods

We are doing more to our camper all the time to "make it ours". One thing that bothered us from the start is how the bed is seemingly pushed up into a cave with the way the cabinets are on the sides and top. The air doesn't circulate where our heads lie down and we are used to a ceiling fan above us at home. So I found some 12v fans at Camping World and mounted one to each side, hardwiring them to the power leading to the reading lights. Also, we do not like (and do not use) the reading lights on each side of the bed. They are far too bright and they're right in your face regardless of how they are pointed. So I found some LED under cabinet housings and mounted those on each side of the bed underneath the cabinets. These work very well for lighting the nightstand area and also they work well for doing a little reading prior to going to sleep. These are plugged in to the 110 outlet on each side of the bed and have an in-line switch installed. They greatly improve the comfort and atmosphere of the bed area in our Mallard M28.

Last edited by a moderator:

Power247

Looks good! I really like what you did with the reading lights. I could not believe how bright they were the first time we turned them on at night.

Greg
2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

jstarwal

Mine is the same way. Will the fans from a computer work? Or are they 120 volt?

Jack & Lynette

I'm not sure about the voltage on computer fans.

- - - Updated - - -

They do rotate. The connection between the base and the fan is a ball joint, so it will tilt and turn to position the air flow.

Hutch85

Re: Fans in sleeping area and reading lights

Great ideas! Really like the under-cabinet LED lights, it always seems a little dark in those corners. I may have to borrow that idea in some form :)

We switched out the incandescent bulbs in our original reading light fixtures for LED bulbs, so far the best one (in our opinion) has been the "Bulbrite LED/1383/WW Ba15S Warm White 2.6-Watt LED 1383 Elevator Light" - not as terribly bright as others we've tried.