Mallard M32 - Replace A/C & Heat Control Thermostat

PeterS

Good Morning,

We own a 2017 Mallard M32 (30A version with single A/C unit) and want to replace the analog-style control pad for the A/C and Heat unit.

Currently installed is a Coleman Mach Pad (showing type AP7862-4 / AR7815 / AR 7816) - see pics.
Control Cover (2).jpg

How can we find a simple digital replacement version? Contacted Coleman, Dometic and Heartland w/o success thus far and hoping someone here did a modification.

Txs.

Last edited by a moderator:

berky

I recently looked for a replacement for a Dometic thermostat. It appears that each A/C manufacturer has a somewhat proprietary design for their thermostat interface. And it also seemed they are constantly tweaking thermostat features/models to further confuse the matter. You may need to stick with a Coleman Mach replacement.

I found a Coleman / Airxcel 8330-3862 that looks like it would do the trick. Unfortunately I couldn't find a wiring diagram to confirm. That model is available on Amazon, Walmart, etc. for around $56.

I also found it helps to know the model number of the A/C unit. Maybe you could contact Coleman customer service and ask them if the 8330-3862 will work with your model A/C.

PeterS

It's taken some time but I eventually replaced it with a basic digital home unit from Lowes. Other than connecting both fans speeds togther, it all works as intended and much better temp control than b4.