membrane under slide (exterior under floor) scratches through to the wood, fixes?

marknewbill

The Membrane under our slide on the new camper has scratches on it if you are under the slide looking up at the bottom black area, where it was slid across screws and such while being assembled. I took it to the dealer and they had some thick "tape", at least 1/8 thick rubber sheets that they put over the scratches, but they missed a few. I may ask them for more of that tape, but it looks excessively thick.

I hear others say it is rubber, but ours seems to be hard plastic or vinyl that may have been molded or poured hot on the wood and let cool. it looks a lot like paint. any other suggestions for fixing the scratches on the bottom to keep out the water should it condensate there? I would prefer some type of paint on fix if possible.

I may just ask them for some more of the tape before the warranty runs out.
but it may not work on the sides where they go over the supporting plastic inside when you retract it. I Imagine it will just peel it off.

thanks.
mn

Dmetcalf

668691FD-989E-41F1-840A-502237A4B31E.jpg
The Membrane under our slide on the new camper has scratches on it if you are under the slide looking up at the bottom black area, where it was slid across screws and such while being assembled. I took it to the dealer and they had some thick "tape", at least 1/8 thick rubber sheets that they put over the scratches, but they missed a few. I may ask them for more of that tape, but it looks excessively thick.

I hear others say it is rubber, but ours seems to be hard plastic or vinyl that may have been molded or poured hot on the wood and let cool. it looks a lot like paint. any other suggestions for fixing the scratches on the bottom to keep out the water should it condensate there? I would prefer some type of paint on fix if possible.

I may just ask them for some more of the tape before the warranty runs out.
but it may not work on the sides where they go over the supporting plastic inside when you retract it. I Imagine it will just peel it off.

thanks.

We bought some galvanized flashing 6 in. wide and attached it where the rollers come in contact with the black material to reduce the wear factor.

sengli

I had a couple spots where the black water proofing layer was damaged. I used two part epoxy to fix several spots, cause its tough and waterproof.